Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Greatest Tearjerkers on tonight

• 09-02-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Sorry to any who aren't actually into these types of scenes and are slightly offended at the stereotyping of putting this here, but for those who are:
    E4 9pm tonight the 100 Greatest Tearjerkers is on, probably a repeat and undoubtedly rather scewed towards more modern pieces, but anyway might add some films/TV shows to your to watch lists if you love a good weepy.

http://entertainment.ie/TV_Listings/E4.htm
    Jimmy Carr presents a countdown of moments in TV, sport and film that have moved audiences to tears, featuring contributions by the people involved. Among the movies featured are The Shawshank Redemption, Secrets and Lies, Touching the Void, ET and Stand By Me, while Andi Peters' emotional farewell to children's TV is among the small screen highlights. Featuring interviews with Mike Leigh, Timothy Spall, Juliet Stevenson, Frank Darabont and Joe Simpson, who describes his brush with death in the Peruvian Andes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Thanks for that Farohar. I watched bits of it but had to turn it off a few times as it was too sad - bambi being one of the saddest. Ive never seen it but I know what happens and dont want to see it. ET was a very deserved numero uno. I'd never heard of sophies choice til last night and then of course I had to google it to see what the storys about, god gut wrenching stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Eyes welled up a couple of times and that was only seeing the top 15!!! Green Mile always has me in floods of tears but I haven't seen My Girl since I was little so that completely shocked me and I bawled out loud. Never remember it that sad from back then.

Advertisement