Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loop holes are there any left.

Options
  • 09-02-2008 1:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

heard that you can fish of a bridge and you dont need a licence or perhaps a permit as you not on any bodys land..
    Also where does a river end and the sea start and how does this effect the need for a licences--
    What about beach fishing no licences required...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Aaaagh Ivan, you trying to rustle feathers in this fourm aswell?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

interesting points ivan,
    ill be watching this tread 2 see what people have 2 say.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Aaaagh Ivan, you trying to rustle feathers in this fourm aswell?:D

those feather rustlers are a damn nuisance

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

heard that you can fish of a bridge and you dont need a licence or perhaps a permit as you not on any bodys land..
    Also where does a river end and the sea start and how does this effect the need for a licences--
    What about beach fishing no licences required...

you couldnt be further from the truth...

even if your in a boat on the river you'll still need a permit to fish that stretch of river, so no mater what you fish from if a permit is required to fish a stretch of river you'll need a permit to fish it..

and as for fishing in the sea its a free for all.. except if you plan to fish for salmon or seatrout.. and there are restrictions on fishing for bass..

if you are fishing for seatrout or salmon off a beach a licence is still required.

the restrictions on bass are

Bass By-Laws:
    * A bag limit of 2 bass per angler in any one 24hr period.
    * An overall size limit of 40cm (tip of snout to end of tail), where all smaller fish are returned alive.
    * A closed season from 15 May to 15 June.
    * Sale or offer for sale of bass (other than bass which has been imported into the State) prohibited.

so to answer your question... no loop holes :D

lads, dont entertain the troll, always looking to bend or break rules and regs bringing the sport down to his level, check this thread out
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055233862

• Advertisement

i have jus read some of his treads, seems 2 be a bit of a head bangor. who in there right mind shots crows from inside there home:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

SERIOUSLY, LADS! Have you seen the things this guys been posting??? All to do w loopholes and how far he can push the laws re:hunting and fishing just barely within the law. We have to try and protect our natural resources in this country. Developments over the past few years has meant that many resources are been exploited by people who do not care about our natural resources which are getting scarcer and scarcer. Its getting to the point where Im afraid to lend advice about good fishing spots because I would be worried that they may not remain good fishing spots for long...

Ding Dong wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY, LADS! Have you seen the things this guys been posting??? All to do w loopholes and how far he can push the laws re:hunting and fishing just barely within the law. We have to try and protect our natural resources in this country. Developments over the past few years has meant that many resources are been exploited by people who do not care about our natural resources which are getting scarcer and scarcer. Its getting to the point where Im afraid to lend advice about good fishing spots because I would be worried that they may not remain good fishing spots for long...

Amen! thats the kind of thing that started my info/hotspots thread. it wasnt about hotspots/info but rather lack of.

I dont mind sharing info to genuine anglers who are in it for the sport and who actually care about the rivers and lakes, but too often the wrong people get the info...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Ding Dong wrote: »
    I dont mind sharing info to genuine anglers who are in it for the sport and who actually care about the rivers and lakes, but too often the wrong people get the info...
    If your worried about the good fishing spot dont bother they are all gone these days... you'd do better worrying about me:rolleyes:
    ps to WAYNE read the ivan thread again-- i never shot crow from in side a house.. I might push my luck a bit

• Advertisement

ps to WAYNE read the ivan thread again-- i never shot crow from in side a house.. I might push my luck a bit[/quote]
    sorry ivan my bad, it was jimbo 22 who posted dat, you jus replied 2 tread. again my bad:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If your worried about the good fishing spot dont bother they are all gone these days... you'd do better worrying about me:rolleyes:

There are plenty of good fishing spots these days. And no, Im not worried about you.. well, not in the sense that you're talking about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

there were days long ago when the big rivers were teaming with fish. I used to here stories of how the cattle ruts were full of trout sheltering from the rage of the current. Lads would go down at night with nets and pull out plenty.. As for sea shore fishing of irish East coast- dont bother!! the bait is often bigger than the catch. The west coast is stil reasonable i suppose.

there were days long ago when the big rivers were teaming with fish. I used to here stories of how the cattle ruts were full of trout sheltering from the rage of the current. Lads would go down at night with nets and pull out plenty.. As for sea shore fishing of irish East coast- dont bother!! the bait is often bigger than the catch. The west coast is stil reasonable i suppose.

my grandad used to tell me that lads would be down on the liffey with pitch forks for salmon and they never went home empty handed:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

the west coast is stil reasonable i suppose.

you only suppose... :rolleyes:

things you get on the east coast that we struggle to get on the west,(shore)
    bass, cod, common smoothound, starry smoothound, tope from the shore

things we get on the west coast you dont get on the east..(shore)
    5 meter spring tides
    4 meter normal tides
    3 meter neap tides

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

my grandad used to tell me that lads would be down on the liffey with pitch forks for salmon and they never went home empty handed:eek:

thats poaching still goes on only now at night with lamps

Advertisement