Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE News Jobs

• 09-02-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Good luck to all the commercial TV and radio people who are on the panel for a job in RTE and are out in Montrose today for interview. I hear there are quite few well known faces and voices from the private sector vying for one of the prized positions.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Names!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

mike65 wrote: »
    Names!

Mike.

Jesus Mike you were quick. I would dearly love to name names, but it just wouldn't be fair to jeopardise people's positions with current employers by doing so.

I wuz only joking of course.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

mike65 wrote: »
    I wuz only joking of course.

Mike.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hopefully they are related to someone out in Montrose.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Radio Mad. wrote: »
    Good luck to all the commercial TV and radio people who are on the panel for a job in RTE and are out in Montrose today for interview. I hear there are quite few well known faces and voices from the private sector vying for one of the prized positions.;)

I presume these jobs were advertised nationally in the news media,I would have been interested myself?

And now our Midlands /east correspondent FlutterinBantam:D

Now that beats Ciarán Mullooly!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

i believe its quite the spectacle, all the hacks end up in the canteen and everyone knows who's going for the job.

I think they used to do it off site a few years ago...

A friend who went for it, (unsuccessfully) told me that the print people cant get their heads around summing an entire story up in 30 seconds, they end up pulling their hair out

whats thats sound?.................Choo choo...its the donnybrook gravy train....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Eh in fairness at least the print people break stories rather than just rehash a press release. Radio and TV journalism is terrible in Ireland, very few stories that aren't just an update of what was in the papers that orning. Occasionally The Bird gets something and Chicken George helps too. Fergal Bowers has done some good stuff, shame about the voice, but David Murphy regularly "breaks" stories that were in the papers weeks beforehand. Bit like he used to do in the Indo come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

jdivision wrote: »
    Eh in fairness at least the print people break stories rather than just rehash a press release.

thats a fair point, although i have read stories that are total copy and paste jobs from press releases.

you have to remember that papers have time and rescources to do the more investigative stuff, their hacks can spend weeks on one story

As someone who works in the meeja industry (i cringe as i say that phrase, sorry) i know radio reporters who could be at 3 or 4 jobs in a busy day

writing for broadcast and print are two completely different things in my view

• Advertisement
Advertisement