Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where do i go?

Options
  • 09-02-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi,
    Im 18 year old girl, i think i may be bi but since iv never being with a girl so im not sure! Im afancy girls just as much as i do men and find a girl body alot more apealing than a lads, but i do no how to met girls its not like i can go up to a girl in a club and ask if she is bi/lesbien. iId really like to be with a girl just to find out if i am indeed bi but just dont no where the best place is to go.....HELP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Gay bar or LGBT college societies would be places to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Yeah, regardless of whether you're in college or not, the LGBT societies in most colleges are willing to take outsiders under their wing. I know in Galway there is a meet on every saturday for LGB youth (between ages 13 and 23 afaik) so there might be something like that near to you too if you want to meet someone in a more casual setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Outhouse caters for lesbots ;)
    Alternatively you can always try meeting someone through the web! But I strongly advise caution, make sure not to give out your phone number or other personal information unless the other person can assure you it is them you're talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe go to belong to as well

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭CorsetRibbons

I have to say, I was in the same boat as you some time ago. It's a hard place to be. I found that my college LGBT society was a great place to start. It gave me the options to just be around gay people making friends first and having people to go with when I ventured out to gay bars. It's not easy once you get inside a gay bar either. Alot of people are so cliquey and so it's hard to get chatting to them. You'll find that you'll have more gay guy friends than girl friends but they're a great support anyway. I was lucky in the sense that I eventually found someone that initiated me in all things lesbian and it turned out she was from my home town down the country. Small world, eh?
    It's all very well to be curious but be careful whose heart you step on, especially if you're only lookin to see what it's like.
    I met my current gf online on a Pink forum. We're together four years now nearly. Just keep hanging in there. If you don't look too hard, someone will come along soon. Good luck, x.

• Advertisement
Advertisement