Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CA Aug A1 - Super Low FPS!

• 09-02-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, my chrono{which I was unaware was shipped} arrived yesterday. Tried it a bit then and when I got odd results with the aug I though I was using it wrong. But, both the M500[.85J] and DE UMP[.99J] are spor on. So just now I took the Aug into the garden, turned the hop up off and fired a shot, and again, and again: I can clearly see every bb and follow it. Compared it with the famas and seems to shooting slower than it, a FAMAS! This was right on 1J in Predator so now I'm asking myself wtf is going on. Its reading .65J / 80ms!!

I dont think I left it with the spring compressed but if I did would it cause this much of a drop? Is there anything else that could cause this? Do springs wear that much? I've never heard of a 30% drop and I'm really pissed as this is a CA, its meant to last.

Any help greatly apreciated,
    Lethal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

is the air nozzle moving freely? look into the magwell and dry-fire it, you should see the air nozzle move back and forth

have you opened the gearbox or anything at all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

and verify that your BBs are good., i had a similar problem with the g36 using BBs that looked fine but just didnt work right., changed to other ones and it was fine., :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

vtec wrote: »
    and verify that your BBs are good., i had a similar problem with the g36 using BBs that looked fine but just didnt work right., changed to other ones and it was fine., :)

No, its the same BBs which worked perfectly before and work in the others.

KD: No, havent gone at the gearbox yet but leaset its easy to get out.

Air nozzle working fine.

Anyone? Need this on sunday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

could be the "floating gearbox" try proping something between the backplate and the gearbox. Aug's are known too develop air leaks as the gearbox moves back sometimes. Have ya altered the backplate for a better battery are anything?

• Advertisement

I think it slid during transport, the plate has 4 little plastic knotchs on it, 2 have been smashed off. Also I think there should be a screw pushing the motor into place in the gearbox, there isn't! Have to fix this and get the MP7 running for sunday and likely tweek a 249 and I've just finished the L96. Glad its mid term:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Id say thats it, cant think of any other reason for such a drop in fps.

I know how ya feel with all the guns out of action. Somehow the fill valve pin of my beloved m500 broke and fell off :eek: after i filled it up with gas. I cant fill it with gas now until i get a replacent valve, and am yet again running out of guns for the next skirmish. I really hate skirmishing without a shotgun, and both my shotties are out of action now :(,
    Any luck with your mp7?

Id say thats it, cant think of any other reason for such a drop in fps.

I know how ya feel with all the guns out of action. Somehow the fill valve pin of my beloved m500 broke and fell off :eek: after i filled it up with gas. I cant fill it with gas now until i get a replacent valve, and am yet again running out of guns for the next skirmish. I really hate skirmishing without a shotgun both my shotties action now :(,
    Any luck with your mp7?

Its firing, but it wont stop. Gotta rip open the trigger section to see if theres a short.

Ok, think I found it, the o-ring on the piston head was worn down. Put a new one on and it feels much more powerfull. But now it wont feed:eek::eek::eek:

I bought CA thinking it would last......Clones from now on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

did ya fit the nozzle back onto the tappet plate correctly.,?

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    did ya fit the nozzle back onto the tappet plate correctly.,?

Think so, but its not moving that much to be honest. I thought the travel would be a little longer...

V you were right. I had the tappet in front of the catch on the nozzle so it moved but didn't puch the bbs! Anyway, its feeding now, but firing 0.5 - 0.55 J!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement