Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army R85 Discussion

Options
  • 09-02-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Id say the bolt hold open is exactly that, just a bolt hold open feature, and is not intended to dissengage the blowback. Its probably interacting with the mech in a way that controls the timing, so holding it back screws up the internal timing.

Id say leave it on blowback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

the blowback on mine lasted all of 30 mins hasn't worked since,now i dont like opening things that i dont have experience with so it could be fixable?also the little grub screws wouldnt thighten enough to stop the front sight from moving on the barrel,so a drop of good strong glue sorted that.
    apart from that i love it...i used the real steel ..ah.. many many yrs ago so it was like bumping into an old girlfriend when i seen it :D.
    also picked up the star susat sight and a proper SA80 sling which really gives it a nice look..:cool:

Advertisement