Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The W***er! Thread: What Footballer Do You Hate?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

cson wrote: »
    Quite the opposite. In a lot of cases, hate is just not strong enough. Take Cashley Cole for example, I really don't have the necessary vocabulary to describe what I think of him. Now whether that reflects on my vocabulary or Cashley Cole, I'll let you decide. ;)

He really does seem to be hated by most supporters not just us Gooners, to be honest I have no feelings towards him, he actually did us a favour imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Bogarde was a legend, 40k a week for doing nothing? is it true he didnt live in London and he just commuted a few days a week from Amsterdam instead?

True. On second thoughts I'm not sure if he's a wanker or a legend, a bit of both probably.

He was so out of favour they put him training with the youth team, and wouldn't allow him play at all. Still he was happy to doss and collect the money. I suppose it serves the club right for signing him on a big fat contract to begin with. I've a feeling it's not the last time we'll something like that happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You're missing a sub there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Gary neville
    Gary neville Gary neville Gary neville Gary neville

Gary neville Gary neville Gary neville Gary neville

Gary neville Gary neville

Subs: Gary neville Gary neville Gary neville Gary neville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Opps.....You guessed it.Gary neville:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

john o shea for being one of the least talented players ever to play in the premiership and still gets at least £30,000 a week and plays regularly for ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

redzerdrog wrote: »
    john o shea for being one of the least talented players ever to play in the premiership and still gets at least £30,000 a week and plays regularly for ireland.

ya but why hate him? u not admire somebody that we all know is crap yet he still pulls it off week in week out and then pops up with one of the most famous and important united goals of all time last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He really does seem to be hated by most supporters not just us Gooners, to be honest I have no feelings towards him, he actually did us a favour imo.

I'll tell you why I never liked him, it's because he's a snidey cowardly player who will blatantly dive one minute and then jump in two footed to try and break someones leg the next. I'm assuming a lot of people here think more or less the same about him. The manner of his leaving for Chelsea says it all about his character.

I'll tell you why I never liked him, it's because he's a snidey cowardly player who will blatantly dive one minute and then jump in two footed to try and break someones leg the next. I'm assuming a lot of people here think more or less the same about him. The manner of his leaving for Chelsea says it all about his character.

I honestly believe he has gone backwards as a player since leaving us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Keane
    Ireland
    Callahgan
    All from cork odd that :D

Rowe
    Bogarde

Fair enough there are some yobs playing football and they do sick things, but imo the worse thing a footballer can do is refuse to play for his club or country.

Notice how i didnt call anyone a scummy knacker bastard but implied it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In the EPL, it's got to be Jens Lehmann.
    He's a cheat. Amount of times hes play-acted trying to get people booked or sent off is unbelievable.

In the EL,it's got to be George O'Callaghan.
    His attitude stinks.
    In a recent article with Setanta Sports, he likened himself to a mix between Joey Barton and George Best:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Emmanuel Eboue - Pure scum. Cheating in the champions league final to dive for a free kick which ARSEnal scored from.

Robin Van Persie - Thinks he's hard. Pure scum. Dirty bastard on the pitch too.

Ben Thatcher - Vicious stamp on Ronaldo. Nearly killed Pedro Mendes too

Ashley Cole - No explanation needed.

Jens Lehmann - I took great pleasure when John O'Shea called him a "PR!CK" before, and sky showed the slow motion reply of it. Pure w*nker of a goalkeeper. Cheating scum.

SantryRed wrote: »
    In the EPL, it's got to be Jens Lehmann.
    He's a cheat. Amount of times hes play-acted trying to get people booked or sent off is unbelievable.

In the EL,it's got to be George O'Callaghan.
    His attitude stinks.
    In a recent article with Setanta Sports, he likened himself to a mix between Joey Barton and George Best:D.

What team do you support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I guessing Shelbourne.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Guti, ****ing dirty ****...

From my own club, at the moment Ronaldinho, he needs to prove he doesnt believe he's above the rest of the players and the club. Or else maybe Edmilson, stupidest DM ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Michael Brown. He doesn't deserve an explanation. Grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Robbie Savage, Ivan Campo, Bobby Ryan and plenty more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Shels and Watford due to family being from there.

Just like watching the Epl from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

eZe^ wrote: »
    Guti, ****ing dirty ****...

From my own club, at the moment Ronaldinho, he needs to prove he doesnt believe he's above the rest of the players and the club. Or else maybe Edmilson, stupidest DM ever.

So despite almost single handedly winning you La Liga and the Champions League.....you now hate him? Some fan you are. You Barcelona fans dont deserve a player of his calibre at your club. Disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

How about Mihailovic (sp?) for Lazio? The racist prat.

Archimedes wrote: »
    So despite almost single handedly winning you La Liga and the Champions League.....you now hate him? Some fan you are. You Barcelona fans dont deserve a player of his calibre at your club. Disgraceful.

Ok ok, hate is definitely a strong word in this case, I just wanted to state someone at the club I support that I dislike the most at the moment.

Im SICK of people reacting like that, people are living in his past glories, I will always love his past accomplishments, and praise what he did for the club in the shadows of rivals.

But the fact of the matter is, his attitude for the past year and a half has been terrible, he misses training, on the pitch when somebody touches him he automatically stops and looks at the ref. There is no place for a player who believes he is bigger and better than the club. I dont mean that I hate him like, oh I really want to punch him, I hate the fact that he has the potential to be the best player in the world again but a terrible attitude is hampering that. Imagine having as much skill as he has, and being lazy. I the training he has been supposedly doing over the past weeks pays off, and he can prove that he is willing to fight for the team.

I really do hope he can prove me wrong, and dont even attempt to make an argument that he singlehandedly won 2 league titles and a CL for barca, it was also a combination of talent like Messi, Guily, Etoo, Iniesta and Larsson.. I will say that he was the main ingredient though, he was the face of a new era in the clubs history.

Oh, and i also hate Figo, for obvious reasons... =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

watched him this season?

he aint the only Barca boy whos fed up with him. he expects defences to move out of the way because he is the great ronaldinho! he thinks hes done it all and you can see that in his play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I have watched him, and yes he has been dissapointing lately. I was merely commenting on how harsh it was to say that because of this, he is now 'hated'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Stevie Me without a shadow of a doubt.

A coward on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch for his shameful flirtation with Chelsea of all people after the club that he's supposedly devoted to wins the Champions League.

On the pitch for his diving and his hypocrisy in then condemning the very same act on numerous occasions. For his increasingly self indulgent performances, constantly indulging in attempting the spectacular, yet neglecting to track back and do the basics that a good central midielder would. And for then whining in the press when his own manager realises that he lacks the cerebral awareness, discipline and application as a footballer to play in centre mid and shunts him out to the wing. For the fact that in his entire England career he has [erisitently let them down with abject, indifferent displays, culminating in his captaining the side, and spending the night hiding from the ball when the Croatians sent them packing.

What an out and out c'unt.

I have watched him, and yes he has been dissapointing lately. I was merely commenting on how harsh it was to say that because of this, he is now 'hated'...

agreed, short memories are far too common. whats that great saying? form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Michael Ball - Comes across as a right thug. Remember this dirty stamp...?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/ronaldoRKMS_468x351.jpg

Keith Gillespie - Overrated gimp. Sent off for hitting out at Stephen Hunt...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/01/gillespie2201_450x282.jpg

Steven Gerrard - Ridiculously overrated by Liverpool fans who laughably claim he's in Keano's league. Goes missing for England and isn't as loyal to his club as he makes out.

Jens Lehman - Dirty thug of a keeper. Always trying to start trouble.

Steven Gerrard - Ridiculously overrated by Liverpool fans who laughably claim he's in Keano's league. Goes missing for England and isn't as loyal to his club as he makes out.

Finally we agree on something!;)

Robbie Savage and Roy Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

flahavaj wrote: »
    Finally we agree on something!;)

Not a main event player that guy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Robbie Savage

Not a main event player that guy. :D

Well he always puts himself first over the team anyway.......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Daemonic wrote: »
    Danny Mills, its a miracle he hasn't ended someones career yet.

+1

I really hate that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Tie between Cantona and Keane.

IMHO, Cantonas' flying leap into the crowd at Selhurst Park was completely indefensible and unforgivable.

Keane was simply a bull****ter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

agreed, short memories are far too common. whats that great saying? form is temporary, class is permanent.

I'm not really a Barça fan as such, but I do follow them in la liga. I can definitely see where eZe^'s coming from though. Hate is a very strong word but I think utter frustration sums up the feelings of most Barça fans towards Ronaldinho at the moment. It's easy to forgive a player on a run of bad form, when things just aren't happening for him. But it's a completely different matter when that player is overweight, unfit and just plain uninterested. He's going the same days as Ronaldo did in his latter days with Madrid. Class player but his attitude stinks at the moment and it's something he needs to sort out.

As for players I hate/strongly dislike, there are plenty. In no particular order, Materazzi, Eboue, Ashley Cole, Mikel, Thatcher, Barton, Michael Ball, Bendtner, Lauren, Pennant, Voronin (left FC Köln for Leverkusen and he reminds me of my little pony), Michael Brown, Ballack(Der Söldner) and a fair few more.

I used to really dislike Lehmann aswell, until I saw him in "Deutschland:Ein Sommermärchen". I just haven't felt the same animosity towards him since. Carlo Cudicini on the other hand... He was a top class keeper but seems to be content to sit on the bench/be injured for Chelsea and just cash in his paycheque every week.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

that's harsh, Cech is the best goalie in the world, or maybe he's loyal to them...?

that's harsh, Cech is the best goalie in the world, or maybe he's loyal to them...?

Ok, I'm not saying I hate him, I just think he's better than a second choice keeper. I guess I just find it frustrating that he's willing to sit on his hole all season and accept a big paycheque, rather than making something (better) of his career. I agree on the Cech point aswell.

Meh, I've lost tonight's battle with alcohol!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm gonna let this thread live, but I'm going to ban anyone breaking the charter on mindless abuse.

I've already banned quite a few. I've no sympathy for anyone who thinks the topic is an excuse to abuse people.

1 month bans from here on in.

You have been warned.

• Advertisement

looks like gerrard and savage are doing enough to make the hated 11 so, as quite alot of people on ere are putting them down. i forgot about pennant, surely he is good for an old sub role on it, eboue and ball will not be beaten on the wing positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Suppose I'll through my hate in the ring.

For me its a choice between 2.

Djimi Traore and Gary Doherty.

I don't hate them. I just don't see how they got contracts to play football professionally.

An Citeog wrote: »
    I'm not really a Barça fan as such.........

Are you Graham Hunter from Revista de La Liga by any chance? Hahahah, you live in Barcelona and you basically have identical opinions of everything in general.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Are you Graham Hunter from Revista de La Liga by any chance? Hahahah, you live in Barcelona and you basically have identical opinions of everything in general.

Nah, I study over here. Have only been living here for a few months and been a Man United fan for as long as I can remember. As regards Barça and football in general, I just call it how I see it. I don't think I've heard/read anything by Graham Hunter in well over a year anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

cson wrote: »
    So Muslim extremists have no reason to hate George Bush and America and vice versa? Because of course, they've never met each other and are only judging each other from information gathered by reading the red tops....

Sadly for you snyper, this simply ain't the case ;)

Edit: I realise my example is on the extreme side, but imo, it's still relevant.

Muslim extremists are mad. Im not

Therefore they will judge to hate. :p

An Citeog wrote: »
    Nah, I study over here. Have only been living here for a few months and been a Man United fan for as long as I can remember. As regards Barça and football in general, I just call it how I see it. I don't think I've heard/read anything by Graham Hunter in well over a year anyway.

Thats actually amazing, what are you studying? I lived in Barca as a kid and its still my favourite place in the world. Im hoping to do a masters in physics there in a couple of years....

Ok, staying on topic,

I very much dislike Frank Lampard and definitely Robbie Savage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

gary neville=w*anker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gary Neville has got to be number one,i hate his guts.
    Closely followed by Ronaldo and Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Harpal Singh,
    Darren Mansaram.
    Greg O'Halloran,
    Derek O'Brien

Advertisement