Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SGA 4x16 - Trio [SPOILERS]

• 09-02-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

Episode synopsis from TV.com:
    Colonel Carter joins Dr. McKay and Dr. Keller on an off-world mission, to convince the people of a world rocked by earthquakes, to relocate. However, things take a turn for the worst when they are plunged into a sinkhole and become trapped in an old Genii mining facility.

What did you think of 4x16 Trio? 22 votes

Excellent
    0%
    Good
    9%
    Bubs101Unknown 2 votes
    McKay
    45%
    VolvagiaMr EthelordofcheesesenordingdongSherifuOverhealDr BobNiskaDePurpereWolfWannaST 10 votes
    Bad
    36%
    MantelNeoSlicerZPugsleybada_bingSuaimhneachUser45701Private Joker_JOE_ 8 votes
    I cried
    9%
    OmegaRedjd83 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

McKay
    If you're the kind of person that liked solving puzzles in tomb raider more than shooting things then you'll like this episode. The only thing that would have made this episode better would have been getting RDA to guest star, it was such a Macgyver ep.

The past few weeks have been episodes focused on a small selection of the cast and imo they are working well. Finally some screen time for Carter after teasing us for so long with little bits for her. I thought this was another cracking episode, similar to some earlier episodes of sg1.

There were lots of little jokes to keep it going and the tremors kept reminding us of the urgency of the situation. Jewel almost got her kit off until Carter found the rope. :) Liked Rodney's face after that. Carter had to man up as the real leader in the group, but in the end it was nice to see Rodney come through.

Enjoyable installment. 7/10

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yes it was indeed like a MacGuyver episode this week but in no bad way. In fact it worked surprisingly well given the episode had only three characters on basically one set. Gero's work often has more of a humour element and it showed here without having to weaken the characters.

And was it just be or was has Jewel Staite finally come into the character? She was several times better than her first rather dull performances earlier this season. Much improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

McKay
    Definitely, she even started to be likeable unlike her ep with Teyla which was muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I have to say the writers clearly got their sh!t together for the second half of this season, and here i was thinking we'd have to wait for the last 4 episodes for gold... Great episode, definately a great interlude before next weeks episode which should be truly epic.
    rkm wrote:
    Definitely, she even started to be likeable unlike her ep with Teyla which was muck.

Bad pairing of characters tbh, they should have paired her with Rodney, would have been a tad off putting for him so early on spending time with Carsons replacement, they could have delved into that a bit...also two non-military characters trying to survive would have been interesting... thankfully they've got the pairings on the spot the last few weeks.

I now want more of the Doctor, first episode in which she was actually likeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Bad
    I felt this was another episode which added nothing to the overall storyline in this series...ok, it's off the back of a big budget episode but there has been one too many for my liking...i would like to see more balanced episodes instead of the current trend of high to low and then a huge episode which comes out of nowhere...
    Keller for me is still not a strong enough character, i don't think the writers know what to do with her either, a few weeks ago she was all over ronan and now this week we see her get close to McKay...
    And once again they are playing down the genius of Sam...from the genius, courageous colonel through the years of SG-1 saving the day countless days to been relegated to taking a back seat to McKay in Atlantis...she is not utilised enough when one thinks of previous seasons with Dr Weir the key player on many an occasion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

_JOE_ wrote: »
    And once again they are playing down the genius of Sam...from the genius, courageous colonel through the years of SG-1 saving the day countless days to been relegated to taking a back seat to McKay in Atlantis...she is not utilised enough when one thinks of previous seasons with Dr Weir the key player on many an occasion...

Exactly why i think its a good thing that next season
    she'll be stepping down as leader
    It also felt really weird because even though Atlantis season 4 is set AFTER teh Ark of truth, since we havent seen that yet, it feels like she just upped and left SG1 all of a sudden...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mixed feelings on this one. Not always my favourite type of episode.
    Thought it started out quite weakly but got into its stride quickly enough. McGyver all the way but in common with the last few episodes it is adding to character development. That can only be good,as the doc did need a bit of rescuing from her previously wooden performances :p. Not as good as some but if this is the worst of the second half of this season I can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Yawn fest!

Crap Ep IMO, slow, nothing to do with the overall scheme of things and no great insight to anything (Except the Doc wants some lovin;) Ronhan a few weeks ago and now McKay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Bad
    hmm thought it was just okay. Though it annoyed me that after the crate stacking thing failed, they should have thrown everything out of the room to compensate for their weight that they added to the room. They made quite a point of stating that and yet they didn't really throw anything out apart from the dirt!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Must say i really enjoyed it. I was expecting another trade relations episode or something and got this little gem. (Probably a gem cos i really hate those trade relations/make them move the settlement to save them from massive volcano/earthquakes/ alien starship teraforming world kinda episodes).

Not to mention the new doc is hawt ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Bad
    IT was alright. There was a bit of intensity about whether they'd make it or not, but it was alright.

What was with kayleigh coming onto McKay? She *needs* to hit it with Ronan, I mean *someone* needs too...

I like these episodes, but there is too much McKay all around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Bad
    Sorry but although it was an enjoyable episode one thing did not make senceto me was when they realised there was a prolbem with the tremors why didnt they throw EVERYTHING in the room out, all the boxes, dirt, planks of wood ect. all out the door, this would have compensated for the weight they added and then it would just be a waiting game until hel arrived, the tremors only effecting the room they where in because of all the weight they added, also moving around the existing weight of the boxes from all corners of the room to a single spot.

Still a good episode but i didnt quite get the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

User45701 wrote: »
    why didnt they throw EVERYTHING in the room out, all the boxes, dirt, planks of wood ect. all out the door, this would have compensated for the weight they added and then it would just be a waiting game until help arrived,QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Imo the oddest episode of stargate ever, it was almost stargate come crystal maze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Bad
    Jesjes wrote: »
    What was with kayleigh coming onto McKay? She *needs* to hit it with Ronan, I mean *someone* needs too...

Why? Ronan is fine as he is. Romance would only sour his bitter, surly nature. Plus he'd get more lines and they'd make him an asshole like they did when that wraith was around, the one played by that guy from enterprise. It would only end in a bitter filler episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

McKay
    User45701 wrote: »
    why didnt they throw EVERYTHING in the room out, all the boxes, dirt, planks of wood ect. all out the door, this would have compensated for the weight they added and then it would just be a waiting game until help arrived,QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Imo the oddest episode of stargate ever, it was almost stargate come crystal maze.

Well, i'm guessing tubby McKay weighed more that the dirt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

McKay
    Abit boring but still entertaining.
    Did I get the wrong end of the stick at the end or does Keller wants Rodders to lob his knob in her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Abit boring but still entertaining.
    Did I get the wrong end of the stick at the end or does Keller wants Rodders to lob his knob in her?

Tote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

McKay
    It wasnt without its flaws but it was a far stretch better than that Quarantine episode. This one actually had humour and stuff.

McKay: "If I had to choose, I guess Carell: but I'd take Jon Stewart over both of them." :D

I didnt really see the Kayleigh Merideth spark the way everyone else seems to have. I mean yeah they've obviously got a much better relationship than before the episode but I don't see it going anywhere. Course if I'm wrong...

My first thought was ditch the crates too but I guess the last thing I would want to do with foresight is throw away things which might help me survive (in this case: crates) - what were to happen for instance if they scrapped the iron pipe that Rodney used to make his cannon? In the end they couldnt rely on the mineshaft they knew nothing about - had to make it through the ceiling. So quit it! If you wanna go nitpick something go re-watch Quarantine, cos this one was a fair decent episode with much funpoking at McKay's expense.

or shall we call him McKayver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Good
    I thought it was a great episode and I'm really looking forward to the potential love triangle involving Ronan and Mckay. Lord knows there's no love lost there. Didn't really see the point of involving those kids though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

McKay
    For comic relief - kids are bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

McKay
    cotwold wrote: »
    Tote

Bleed'n hell.
    What an intergalactic hussy!

Advertisement