Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dull

Options
  • 09-02-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

Is there anything else that can be done in this game, rather than continuously killing animals?

On Mutation (a now closed RPG), the players had to collect a variety of "crystals" by completing puzzles such as lighting 7 candles in a particular sequence, or my favorite one where you had to find which "mirror" was a secret passage way. You played on a large island and everyone had to place the crystals they collected from the puzzles on an alter in order for them all to defeat a monster called "ToRak". There were also ghosts at night that would kill you if you left your cabin, so you would have friends come knock on your door at the middle of the night to hide inside your cabin, which would scare you because you could hear the ghosts howling outside of your cabin. Ah, it was so much fun. You could also have your own cabin in the mountains, and cook your own food. It was the only RPG I ever liked, and the best part about it was that it was completely free, and there w It's very unfortunate that it had to close in 2005. Before it closed, they were supposed to release an expansion of the game with a new island. The owners, however, had an unknown reason to be forced to close the game. Although it sounds quite noobish & dull compared to "mighty WOW", it was actually a lot more fun. The max amount of people that played was around 100 (about 30-40 people logged in at a time), and there was only one server.

I just want an RPG similar to this. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sitting in a cabin in the mountains cookin food sounds to me like u should be playing second life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Firstly in answer to your question, Yes there are other things that you can do in wow apart from the monotonous task of killing the same things over and over again. The only problem is in order to get to the stage where you can do the other things in WoW you need to be a really high level (or at least thats what i've found the case to be). Raids, The really fun instances, and Player Vs Player.

I'm on a RP server too and in the past i have also found this to be the case also, Unless you want to hang around town and role play with others there isnt really allot else to do at lower levels apart from the grind quests.

Unfortunately to get the really interesting content in the game you do need to be a high level player. Which means grindfest. I had to do it, my friends had to do it. Thus is the nature of a non PvP server in WoW (at least this is what i have found to be the case). The game was made by blizzard who did make Diablo and the PvE part of the game often reminds me of Diablo in that way. But once i hit past 50 the game really opened up for me. I found myself able to do allot more and the game started being fun again.

If you dont like your situation i can only suggest 2 things,

1) Join a Guld if your not already in one. You'd be surprised if you join a good solid guild the amount of help you can get from your guildies PvE. It helps when your stuck on a quest to get a 70 to come in and give you a hand..

2) Change servers. Sounds to me like RP isnt cut out for you, You could try a PvP server it adds a little spice to the game when you know you could be cut down at any time by a horde character.

Or you can just quit. WoW isnt for everyone and i admit at times i find myself loathing everytime i get a "Kill X amount of creature Y to get body part Z" quests. They seem to be the majority of quests you get in WoW. but i keep going im in a fun guild, i never role play and i have allot of fun in the higher level instances.

As for an Alt MMO you could play.

Pirates of the Burning Sea
    http://www.burningsea.com/page/home

This is a new MMO thats out and there are already a few threads out on boards, people are talking about it. It seems pretty good and if i ever get bored of WoW thats where im heading.

Warhammer online
    http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/home/index.php

I dont play warhammer, Im not interested in it, but its like WoW seems a pretty good idea again there's been a few decent topics on it in the MMO form

Dark Age of Camelot
    http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/

I never played this perhaps you could ask the boards community what its like I've only herd the guys here on boards talk about it,

Finally if your into Hard Core roleplaying (cooking food at a campfire in the mountains) then copeyhagen is probably right second life might appeal to you too

http://secondlife.com/

Tho personally it looks really REALLY boring thats just my opinion

Hope this helps mate.

Advertisement