Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lamping choice?

• 09-02-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I'm getting a Lamping Kit, and from what i've heard and been told, it's going to be a lightforce....just wondering which model is the best for foxes and what price you would chatting for the lamp and a battery pack?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

ive got a lightforce 170 and a deben battery pack, got both for 240euro, its some job though, light will stay going for a full night on one charge, i hightly reccomend this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

i was using a tracer max the other night and it was the right job. got us our first fox. light beam was reaching as far as we could see in the field and there was a dimmer switch. the guy i borrowed it from got it and the battery for 85 sterling on the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I have the Cluson clulite and i cant fault it, batt lasts for ages and i tought it was a bit better built than the lightforce one i looked at. i paid 220 for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

I have a Lightforce Scope Mounted RMSM170 Striker, cant fault it at all check out http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_33&products_id=92.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I have a Lightforce Scope Mounted RMSM170 Striker, cant fault it at all check out http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_33&products_id=92.

Think i might invest in one of theese,
    can go out on my own then, my shooting buddy is whipped by de missus so dosnt get out during the week:rolleyes:
    What is the beam like on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

The lightforce Blitz is the most powerfull one of the lot.
    But isnt very good in wind as its so wide, The striker 170 is a good allrounder but for distance and clear view the blitz takes it! Battery packs range in price due to the ammont of amps (power, how long it lasts) they come in 12V from 6-20 amps with the 20 being the dearest! 200 should get you both battery and lamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Scope mounted Lightforce 170 Striker. I got mine from Target Sports in Bolton, you'll save money on the extortionate prices we get ripped off on over here, Google them they do mail order.

I wouldn't buy the battery pack either. Go to a type of shop like Ivors in Galway (motorbikes, ourboard engines, quads, garden stuff), anywhere that'll sell 18amp+ sealed lead acid rechargeable batteries. My battery cost me 60 Euro. It lasts me 2.5 hours on all the time, you don't want to be running it for longer than that on an 18amp battery witht he standard 75W bulb supplied as you don't want your battery going flat (soon as it dims noticeably get it home and on a charger).

If you can get hold of a battery + charger for a golf trolley, they're meant to be very good indeed.

The charger I have a is a Deben one that came with a Deben battery pack but an alternative can be found I'm sure. Just make very sure it's a trickle type charger, the slower you charge that battery the longer it'll live REMEMBER THAT, fast is not always good. I got sold a charger that was rated 300 (whatever), it's too slow, the Deben one is rated at 800 I think (sorry I forget the technical term used for the recharge measurements).

In Ireland, in most scenarios the scope mounted 170 is the best compromise. You can go shooting alone if you wish, you can use it as scope mounted or hand held and it's relatively good in the wind. I have the 140 Lance and the 240 Blitz, if I could only have one I'd have the 170 10 out of 10 times.

The connections will need doing but that's part of the fun and shouldn't be anything to scare you off them. I'm in no way handy and I done mine flying, not let me down since.

Shop around online, save money wherever you can if at all possible. The Irish shooter owes very little to the Irish gunshop owner IMO.

If you're interested in a Blitz, visit Ebay. I bought one from Australia. Where??? You're thinking? Think about this, Blitz prices last I know in two spots in Ireland 145 Euro in Galway and 170 Euro in Castlebar. How much was mine, bought online from Australia and posted to my door in Connemara? 104 Euro (One Hundred and Four Euro - That's inclusive of all prices, charges and postage).

Like I said, SHOP AROUND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

There is a good selection of 12v batteries on www.radionics.ie,12v 12ah- 28.55 euro,12v 17ah 42.55 euro. Contact details- orders@radionics.ie,Ph.01 4153100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Invincible wrote: »
    There is a good selection of 12v batteries on www.radionics.ie,12v 12ah- 28.55 euro,12v 17ah 42.55 euro. Contact details- orders@radionics.ie,Ph.01 4153100.

This is the best way to go. The Deben Battery packs are awkward I think. A mate of mine made a small frame, similar to a back pack frame with a box for a large battery and he used old seat belts for straps. All in all it set him back 50€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

On carrying batteries, I picked up a cheap backpack with nice wide shoulder straps. It's the business for carrying your battery and spare bulbs/gear/whatever you may need out and about. Just snip off any metal zip puller thingies and it's very quiet also. Add to that I have used it as a shooting platform on awkard ground to good effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

i always carry my battery in an over the shoulder game bag. bag has a removable inner liner then as well so i can put dead rabbits in it etc and wash it out afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

@Mac Tire , Home Field & Stream in Enniskillen not too far from you ,does lightforce stuff save doing mail order , its hard to beat being able to look and handle the thing in the shop before you buy

Advertisement