Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic feeders in Dunnes

Options
  • 09-02-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried one of those automatic feeder things they have in Dunnes at the moment. There is a dry food one based on batteries, and a water fountain that is AC powered.

Thought I might get one, but looking for reviews first!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

MsFifers wrote: »
    Has anyone tried one of those automatic feeder things they have in Dunnes at the moment. There is a dry food one based on batteries, and a water fountain that is AC powered.

Thought I might get one, but looking for reviews first!

Thanks! :)

Are these fish feeders or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Are these fish feeders or what?
    For cats I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I could never trust anything mechanical/electrical to feed my animals. I would be always worried they would break down etc.

I find that animals will only eat in moderation once they realise there is always enough food available for them so I just leave plenty in their trays and they just nibble when they feel like it - but never gorge themselves. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Personally would not trust automatic feeders. I would want to know how much my dog eating and what quantities she is eating all the time. If she does not eat she basically is not well as she loves her food.

My dog is a Lab and would eat anything that was put in front of her. In my case I have to put loads of water in her feed to slow her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

The feeders are for small dogs & cats and I think the way they are supposed to work is that they release a specific weight of food at a pre-programmed times (I think! - haven't seen them in action).

Thought it would be handy if I wanted to go away for a night, or if I had to work late, as at the moment I have to get a cat-sitter in as the tom cat eats too much if its left up to him.

Anyway - no one seems to have tried one and I don't want to waste e40 so I'll probably leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I was going to pick up the water one. Cat won't drink out of a bowl but drinks from the tap if I turn it on so thought that might be better for her.

Advertisement