Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

folding rifle stocks for .22

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

maglite wrote: »
    amm 25,000 acres??

thats about 100km2???

Which is 1 of the sub zones on the map?

that right?
    Nope; 25,000 (Statute) acres = 39.0625 square miles = 101.1715 square Km.

One grid square on the map (100 x 100 Km) = 10,000 square Km.

25,000 acres is still an enormous amount of land; it's 10.06 Km/6.25 Miles square.
    That's about 1/8th of the total area of County Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yup Rovi is right (imagine that)
    For reference, the grid squares on the map are about 2.5 million acres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Can you imagine the amount of letters you'd have from the local farmers:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Can you imagine the amount of letters you'd have from the local farmers:eek:
    According to Teagasc, average Irish farm size is 32 Ha (79 Acres), so that'd be 316 individual landowners.
    This would vary enormously from one area to another of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

very true, however how would commonage fit into this equation and would you have to go to all persons;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

For what its worth i have access to one holding of about 10,000 acres on the west cost.. so another 15thou is easy when your surveying for new roads or pipe lines.. setting out one off houses, Making maps for land reg needs.. carrying out site surveys... do some of think that only Dublin gets mapped!!:D
    made maps for about 8 years and meet to or three new land owners weekly.. Hardly anybody refused- some afraid of thoughts of .22 but welcomed shotguns and snares(snares in empty Fields only)..:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Rovi wrote: »
    Nope; 25,000 (Statute) acres = 39.0625 square miles = 101.1715 square Km.

One grid square on the map (100 x 100 Km) = 10,000 square Km.

25,000 acres is still an enormous amount of land; it's 10.06 Km/6.25 Miles square.
    That's about 1/8th of the total area of County Louth.
    well done that man!!! thought i was going to have to call in the OU to sort it out. anyway over the 8 year or so its only about 60acres a week!! thats if i had to get it all.. i have alredy said that one holding is over 10000acres, that leaves about 15k acres and it works out to around 36 acres a week..
    some weeks you,d be indoors all week doing building surveys and other weeks out on road widening projects and you get 1000 acres then none for a while..
    Worked all over ireland, really miss that work now-- Farmers are the best people in the world(most of them):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bob lee swagger

For what its worth i have access to one holding of about 10,000 acres on the west cost.. so another 15thou is easy when your surveying for new roads or pipe lines.. setting out one off houses, Making maps for land reg needs.. carrying out site surveys... do some of think that only Dublin gets mapped!!:D
    made maps for about 8 years and meet to or three new land owners weekly.. Hardly anybody refused- some afraid of thoughts of .22 but welcomed shotguns and snares(snares in empty Fields only)..:cool:

you must have told them about that collapsible .22 that fits in your pocket

id say that put them off.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

i know the place i live in the west lads 10/000acres =the atlantic ocean
    so ivan go and jump in quick why there is a fishing boat poaching oooo
    sorry the boat is doing security on the 10/000acres a friend of yours:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

What a hilarious waste of time this has turned out to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Then stop perpetuating it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Touché!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mufflets

I think some people are getting bent out of shape for nothing, lighten up. Ivan you have given me the best laugh since i cant remember.

Advertisement