Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M14 Heatshield

Options
  • 09-02-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to remove the heatshield from an M14, think it's the AGM one. A friend of mine asked me to check it since it stopped firing so I need to get the guts out. There's a plastic clip at the rear of the heatshield that I'm guessing needs to be removed but it won't budge even under the force of a screwdriver. I don't want to use too much force on the thing since it's not my AEG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

It involves taking off that clip. You're gonna need to slide it off on one side with a screwdriver. I can put up some pics if you want, but it won't be till later as I'm just leaving now though to watch the rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Thanks Chalky, pictures would be handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

The clip is held slightly higher on one side than the other - by a groove on the lower side, and an indent on the other side. To take it off, you need to use a screwdriver to push the clip up on the higher side and then just slide it off.
    M14a.jpg
    To get it back on, you just reverse the process, put the clip into the groove on the lower side and swivel it around till it clips in on the other side. And if this makes no sense, sorry, I'm slightly drunk :p
    M14b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I think I get what you're saying but the damn thing just won't budge. I'm pushing it so hard with the screwdriver that the whole main body of the thing is being pulled away from the stock but the clip isn't moving at all. It's as if it's molded to the heatshield :(

Advertisement