Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mbox 2 mini

Options
  • 09-02-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭

Anyone try one?

im lookin fro a way to get pro tools on a pc system and this seems like the way to go, anything is better than the setup i have which is pretty standard computer hardware and software, and i kind of need it for college, so i can move onto protools here and if i need to i can bring it into college and edit/mix/master tracks in there

my friends odering some stuff off musicstore next week asked if i wanted to order anything so i looked up the site for an audio interface with pro tools and theres a bundle there which is a nice lil basic kit

GALLERY_PCM0007599-000_1_images400.jpg
    GALLERY_PCM0006313-000_2_images400.jpg
    http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=PCM0007599-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList

I know its nothing professional at all, but better than what i use already. + i have to get pro tools, jus wondering if its worth it for 400eu

U get the interfrace, monitors, pro tools le, plugins and bunch of other software, and a m-audio mic in the bundle, its not a bad price, seems pretty easy since all i'll be recording is mainly gutiars and the odd vocal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Orbghost

I'd say it's worth the money. You're paying a premium for pro tools mind but that's how it goes.

Try a search at www.soundonsound.com for a review on the monitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Why not just get a proper mbox? There are plenty of them up recently on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭-=al=-

there was 2, but there all about 300 anyways, with that package its also comes with monitors and a mic, + its new :)

i was chcking out the monitors there, they seem ok but thats it, there better than the 5 year old dell speakers im using here i guess!!

jus wodnerin how the mini ones are though, i dont know anyone with one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Can some mod please move this to Music Production???

stay on topic or f off

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    stay on topic or f off

There is a place called Music Production. This is a tread relating to something that Produces Music :rolleyes:

Only trying help.

The mini Mbox is just a scaled down version on the Mbox. Its a good deal. But i agree Digidesign can over price there gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

-=al=- wrote: »
    stay on topic or f off

You know, telling people to "F off" is hardly on topic either, so if you take issue with a post in future, report it.

it was a humourous way of corse... :)

+ lol DAMINT u moved it, i hardly ever go to this section in this forum, i feel like a foreinger starting their first days work in mcdonalds here, instruments is where im at

and yesh i agree its a decent deal, seems ok but no users letin me know what its like here?

i shud be asleep, tiger beers nice.

Well I know that the original Mbox contains pre's made by Foucusrite, and they where very good for the price.

I does not seem that the new range are they same.

I am sure you'll get good results with the unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

For a company that makes some good stuff, Focusrite don't half make some ****e too. The Mic Pre's in the M-Box and Pro Control are a classic example. At that price point you're better off looking at Mackie or Mindprint for mic pre's, but I digress.

I reckon if you buy that M-Box mini you're gonna want to replace it in a few months. Hold off until you can get something more substantial, or maybe look at the M-Powered solutions for Pro Tools. I transfer PT HD to PT M-Powered form my studio computer to my laptop regularly so you should be able to do stuff at home or in college. While I'm at it, why don't you just do the work in the college and leave home for getting yer bleeding Assingments in on time!!!!

• Advertisement

thx :)

Well anythings better than the built in average joe soundcard i use here for recording, which consists of guitar -> podxt --> line int.... so its easy enough, and like i said its mostly gona be used for just recording guitars here really nothing to fancy maybe a mic the odd time but for pro tools of corse really why i need it, seems decent to get me goin at least =/

Advertisement