Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Picture Game.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

It's one of the little models used in the Sculoghstown Olympiad some years back. It's been there ever since. The woman in the house across the road keeps it tidy. I park there regularly to go fishing.

Now I'll have to go find something to post. It's not that I don't have any pics but they are all too recognisable. I'll dig something out....

Actually, bitemybanger already has one ready to go, so go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Hi Pullandbang. You mentioned you go fishing there. Is it possible to get down to the Boyne at this area or do you have to be a member of the club? I would love to go down for a walk?

chewed wrote: »
    Hi Pullandbang. You mentioned you go fishing there. Is it possible to get down to the Boyne at this area or do you have to be a member of the club? I would love to go down for a walk?

You have to be a member of the club to fish it. Not sure about walking. Landowners don't mind the fishing club members crossing their land as we are insured. Having said that, most landowners are decent people and probably won't mind you walking the river - as long as you're not up to divilment. They also wouldn't appreciate whole families turning up with noisy kids and roaming dogs etc.

Thanks pullandbang. I might just take the risk someday and head up with my camera.
    You have to be a member of the club to fish it. Not sure about walking. Landowners don't mind the fishing club members crossing their land as we are insured. Having said that, most landowners are decent people and probably won't mind you walking the river - as long as you're not up to divilment. They also wouldn't appreciate whole families turning up with noisy kids and roaming dogs etc.

chewed wrote: »
    Thanks pullandbang. I might just take the risk someday and head up with my camera.

Go for it! All they can say is no (if you're caught) and the shotgun pellets are easily removed under local anaesthetic........;)

• Advertisement

Ok, BMB hasn't thrown up one so here a shot to keep you guessing - hopefully!

IMG_5369.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Trimblestown Castle, shot from the small graveyard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

http://www.balloons.ie/temp/IMG_2855(800).JPG

Hopefully, a bit of a tough one!

Hurray! a new photo!

Is that the graveyard on the Trim/Athboy road? Near Tullaghanoge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

Well done. I thought it might be a little trickier, particularly as it's quite a distance from the main road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hi all, Anyone mind if I throw up a new one to keep us going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

The red brick has me baffled... It suggests proximity to Dublin but there aren't many steep river valleys over that side of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Archeron wrote: »

Dunmoe Castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Archeron wrote: »

A nice view or Ardmulchan house from Dunmoe castle.

Heh heh, both right, nice one. Thought that would be
    harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Hi folks, if any of ye are on facebook check out my new page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pics-of-the-North-East/236442486386744?sk=photos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭bladespin

Geezer1000 wrote: »
    Hi folks, if any of ye are on facebook check out my new page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pics-of-the-North-East/236442486386744?sk=photos

Nice page, no hairy hippies pictured yet tho! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm very, very jealous of your balloon trip I have to say!

bladespin wrote: »
    Nice page, no hairy hippies pictured yet tho! ;)

:D:D:D Can go nowhere
    I'm very, very jealous of your balloon trip I have to say!

It was great, we had to land just before we flew over Tara which was a bit of a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Geezer1000 wrote: »
    It was great, we had to land just before we flew over Tara which was a bit of a pity

Ah that is a pity, that would have looked class. Did you do it with people you know or did you pay to do it? I've always wanted to give it a go but it's ridiculous money for a few minutes in the air.

• Advertisement

Ah that is a pity, that would have looked class. Did you do it with people you know or did you pay to do it? I've always wanted to give it a go but it's ridiculous money for a few minutes in the air.

Was a voucher i gat as a gift

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

This place has a recent history.

Its in the southern end of the county

By recent history, do you mean its been in the news? I have no idea where this is.

umpire bat wrote: »
    This place has a recent history.

In all fairness it looks like a million other sheds up countless boreens but I think it's the one near Enfield.......

Seemingly it was constructed in the late 50s when there was some mineral explorations in the Enfield postal district.

Another new one. This one is easy enough (If you've been here)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Spuddeeez

ruins on top of hill at Skryne?

Spuddeeez wrote: »
    ruins on top of hill at Skryne?

No, afraid not. But this place is not a million miles away from Skryne.

• Advertisement

It looks like Bective Abbey.

Advertisement