Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tax on trucks/mobile workshop

Options
  • 09-02-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi,
    well, think to get a 7.5t rigid in germany, much cheaper there.
    few questions, as long it is commercial it is only 253euro duty, right?
    once here, how is the chance to get it taxed as mobile workshop, heard about it, how much is it.
    would fit my whole equipment in it as i do timberframehouses and also want to use it for transport.

looking forward...

ohh, insurances, who is the best for trucks like this? i am with A*A and they won't do it...

rene

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

6foot7 wrote: »
    hi,
    also want to use it for transport.

ohh, insurances, who is the best for trucks like this? i am with A*A and they won't do it...

if you want to use it for hire and reward you'll need a haulage licence

you're insurance will be loaded if the vehicle is left hand drive...

i think a workshop vehicle has to be tested annually...they were exempt a few years back..

quinn direct are now offering commercial vehicle insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Don't think they do the mobile worskshop tax anymore Presume too many people were using it for cheap tax

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AFAIK it can only be called a "workshop" if the equipment is fitted inside and not readily removable. In other words, it can't be used to transport goods. Simply carrying tools and equipment around in a truck does not make it a workshop as you could easily remove them for the carriage of other materials.

Advertisement