Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corner Pin to close!

Options
  • 09-02-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

There's a post on the Yid Army site (Stone Island type site, PM me if you want a url...;)) that the Corner Pin is to close permanently tomorrow.
    Had to meet someone at Tottenham today and found out that the corner pin is closing down this sunday. So anyone who in there will find it closed for the next home game. Apparently they were only told a couple of days ago.

Will be missed by a few on here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Never ventured in there but it always seemed packed on match day,
    sad day for some i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

sad news. hadn't been in there regularly for the last couple of seasons. tbh it had gone downhill a lot since Lou and Maureen sold it some years back.

Still had many good days and nights in there especially after the 99 league Cuo Final.
    I'll post up a few pics during the week but here's one of the Pin from even before my time ;) when it was known as The Park Tavern

cornerpin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Unfortunately a sign of the changing times. There's probably a dozen pubs in the vicinity that have closed over the last few years.

Alternatively the owners may have thought its best to sell now before Sharia Law comes into force.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/no-to-game-39/index.php?ID=&di=#namelist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

cornerpinflag.jpg

Night of the League Cup final win in 1999
    99leaguecupA03Medium.jpg

99leaguecupA01Medium.jpg

October 1999
    cornerpin9910B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Very sad if true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

I first used this pub during the 77/78 (2nd div) season and was almost of drinking age!

It was run then by an elderly couple Frank and Edie. She was OK, he was the grumpiest landlord you could ever meet. They were followed by Dave and Jo. Dave (Irishman) had a great sense of humour. When the West Stand was being built, the builders used the pub. One evening things got out of hand and the matter ended up at the local magistrates court. The Tottenham Weekly Herald reported Dave's former occupation as 'Lion Tamer'.

Have not used the pub for many a year but I am sad to see it go - sign of the times for the area I'm afraid.

Great picture Yiddo - I was not aware of the previous name for this venue.

Favourite memory - flames leaping up Paul Duggan's jeans as he played space invaders. He was desperate to win and the pain was not as important. Amused the rest of the pub as he hopped up and down.

Advertisement