Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Cap Mag fix

Options
  • 09-02-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

So a while back I mentioned my CA-Hi Cap Mag for my AUG was a lemon.
    I opened her up and started messing about with it ages ago and
    ended up making a total balls of everything.
    Only got round to taking a pic tonight.

The below pic is what I am left with.
    The small tiny tiny brass piece somehow interacts with the pin of the
    main winder wheel and spring which needs to be re-inserted upside down.
    I cant seem to get the thing back together correctly.

help me airsoft super heros?

ca-aug-mag.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

By the looks of it you want the middle of the spring to sit in that slot in the axle sticking up, the lumpy bit near it must be what the spring winds against.

I think, take the spring and fit it first, then fit the winding wheel over that.

Careful as the spring may be liable to jump out, I've never opened a high caps wind mech before, so dont know if that spring is under compression in that state.

um... wait for more feedback :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

From looking at it, the little pice looks like a piece of broken spring, which means you couldnt wind it?????

Put the spring back in place, with the centre of the spring goung through the upright to secrure it in to place!!

As for which way to point the cog, not too sure!!!!

After reassembly simply winding should let you know if it works!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the little bit thats on its own there is part of the spring, its the bit that secures it to the centre pin., if you have a gas cooker then heat up the end of the spring and bend it into the same shape that broke off and it should be fine,.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Thanks guys, will give it a go.
    The Little bit that goes on the end of the spring is a separate
    piece and different metal. I was assuming it was some sort of clasp so
    the main spring would not come off the winding axle.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

ok, push the coil on the centre pole, then squeeze the other piece in as well to stop the coil slipping out!!

get my drift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its pretty straight foward, have done had to repair a JG and a CA one. Dont bother heating it, just use 2 pliers, it is designed to bend. Try and get it so that there is about 5mm extednig on sone side of the axle/pin and then bend that back around as much as possible. That'll make sure it doesn't slip back out while wound.

Advertisement