Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick library question?

Options
  • 09-02-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Health Sciences is closed so can I return books to James Joyce instead?

Can't find an answer on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have done it in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I'll give it a lash so.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Be warned that the books won't be taken off your account until they arrive back in Health Sciences. So if they're due back before Monday you'll be accruing fines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Really? Cause I've never had that - it was always checked in in James Joyce and then just sent back - especially if you use the self check in service.

I mean it's not fair to fine you if you've returned them to a library.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Really? Cause I've never had that - it was always checked in in James Joyce and then just sent back - especially if you use the self check in service.

I mean it's not fair to fine you if you've returned them to a library.....
    I dumped them in the 'out of hours' box, although the library was open. It was the night of the last exam last year, I was going to a party and wasn't bothered going into the library. Discovered it the following September when I went to take out a book and was informed that I had fines on the account :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's obvious - they don't like med students ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Astrid_f

The books will be taken off your account in the James Joyce Library as soon as the book drop is empty - they're then sent over to their 'home' branch. Take it from someone who worked there!!

Advertisement