Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net sharing problem with Virgin Router

Options
  • 09-02-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

I just moved into a new place, sharing with 3 other chaps.
    They have broadband setup via Virgin. When i arrived i hoped the router would have wireless functions at least so i could get the net upstairs. On closer inspection i discovered the router had no wireless, and even more it didn't even have any extra ethernet connections, just one?
    The connection to the outside world seems to be made via cable, ie the same cable i use to connect my sky box to the dish.

Anyway my problem is this, how can i stick a wireless [something] onto this router so that i can share the connection? Is it possible? Are virgin trying to limit the use?
    I brought two wireless routers from my old place, would it be possible to connect the Virgin router to one of my routers via the single virgin ethernet port and then somehow share the connection?

Any help appreciated, i am so uncomfortable sitting on this couch trying to browse the net, im using a box for a mouse mat :O.

Endo

Comments

Advertisement