Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breasts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

She has posed nude and been in films completely naked numerous times to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I know but i juat taking the example of her burlesque shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

WindSock wrote: »
    In reference to Hagars post in the Pink Thread, What are your thoughts on Women revealing their breasts, and the taboo that surrounds them?

Absolutley no Muppetry or you will be banned.

Thoughts ? i love them, show more.

Taboo that surrounds showing them ? I did not know such existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Have you sunbathed in Rio? Topless was common and customary, so if you felt embarrassment there, it was your problem not theirs. First time, admittedly I had to adjust, but after awhile it was no big thing and eliminated straplines when tanning.:cool:

No, Ive never been to Rio. I have sunbathed topless in other countires though. I liked the freedom of being able to do that with no pervs around. I see you are from the states, well my sister was in Hawaii last year with a friend and they were topless on the beach. This man from a nearby hotel asked them would they mind covering up as they were offending some of their guests. The pair of them laughed in disbelief. And as for the whole Janet Jackson nipplegate scandel....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it was a wardrobe malfucntion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Any women who wants to show her breasts should be allowed to. Is it not a clear-cut case of sexual discrimination when bare-chested men can strut around unmolested and free from recrimination, but women cannot?

I'm male and 28 so I really don't care if women are discriminated against or not. But I think that anyone who is "offended" (whatever that is) by the sight of a bare breast is a moron.

You calling me a moron?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well don't look down when you come out of the shower if it offends you so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

it was a wardrobe malfucntion.

:D

Jules wrote: »
    You calling me a moron?

I'm not calling you in particular a moron, Jules.

Tell me, what's so offensive about the sight of your own chest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Jules wrote: »
    You calling me a moron?

you get that from that............:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

rediguana wrote: »

I'm male and 28 so I really don't care if women are discriminated against or not. But I think that anyone who is "offended" (whatever that is) by the sight of a bare breast is a moron.

would you be offended by the sight of a women breast feeding in public?

oleras wrote: »
    you get that from that............:confused:

Slick joke / signature!

ztoical wrote: »
    would you be offended by the sight of a women breast feeding in public?

Of course I wouldn't. Can anyone tell me what's offensive about it? It's a crazy, obscene, wicked notion to even suggest that it might be offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

rediguana wrote: »
    Of course I wouldn't. Can anyone tell me what's offensive about it? It's a crazy, obscene, wicked notion to even suggest that it might be offensive.

I agree but alot of people do and I've seen people complain either to other people around or the woman themselves. I don't understand why.

ztoical wrote: »
    I agree but alot of people do and I've seen people complain either to other people around or the woman themselves. I don't understand why.

I would have zero respect for the individual who carps 'cause a woman is nursing her infant. I'm not trying to be extreme here, but I think they should be tied up with lead wrapped round their ankles and flung into the manky Liffey, or the Shannon if they're from the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's not really practical to be topless a lot of the time if you've got a chest that's even slightly large - I'm sure your breasts would get in the way if you were trying to do a lot of things. Sunbathing topless is entirely the prerogative of the sunbather imho, and with breast feeding most women are so good at it once they get used to it that you'd barely realise they were doing it, if it wasn't for the headless baby they were holding. I guess it depends on the circumstances and context.

Wait.... Headless baby???????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ever seen a discreetly breastfed kid?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ever seen a discreetly breastfed kid?

No, because it is so discrete. :)

• Advertisement

I didn't say my own breast bother me and i don't mean i see a pair and think "oh my god" i ment it more in a page three way. Ah im not getting my point across. And breast feeding in public doesn't bother me in the slightest bit, think every woman has a right to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The breasts are not offensive in themselves - of course not. They are wonderful and I'm very proud of my girls! :)
    But it's more the idea of page 3 - the fact that it exists in the first place. It's sleazy. And so from the perspective of a middle-aged pervy man. What I like about burlesque is it's far more from a woman's perspective - it's about glamour and extreme femininity. To me, it's like the adult version of dressing up in your mum's clothes, make-up and jewellery when you're a little girl.
    I've no doubt many of the page 3 girls are strong, feisty women (Jordan, Samantha Fox, Lindsey Dawn MacKenzie, Kathy Lloyd, Linda Lusardi - there are plenty of them) but some of them have such ditzy, passive expressions on their faces. They just seem too innocent for that sleaziness...

Dudess wrote: »
    The breasts are not offensive in themselves - of course not. They are wonderful and I'm very proud of my girls! :)
    But it's more the idea of page 3 - the fact that it exists in the first place. It's sleazy. And so from the perspective of a middle-aged pervy man. What I like about burlesque is it's far more from a woman's perspective - it's about glamour and extreme femininity. To me, it's like the adult version of dressing up in your mum's clothes, make-up and jewellery when you're a little girl.
    I've no doubt many of the page 3 girls are strong, feisty women (Jordan, Samantha Fox, Lindsey Dawn MacKenzie, Kathy Lloyd, Linda Lusardi - there are plenty of them) but some of them have such ditzy, passive expressions on their faces. They just seem too innocent for that sleaziness...

Thanks Dudess thats what i was trying to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

I might be wrong but from what I get from the thread so far most people are only looking at it from the point of view of fit page 3 girls etc but would the liberal attitude (especially of the male posters) still be the same if this was looked at from the point of view of it being an 86 year old or a 300lb woman? My point is that it's all well and good to say "I've no problem with it" when the vision in ones mind whilst discussing it is of lets say Jordan but would the replies be the same if Vera Duckward had of been the first female mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Surely it's a woman's choice whether see wishes to be a page three girl or not? Not sure why some people are rushing to judge them.

I see nothing wrong with women baring their breasts, considering how fashion seems to be going, neither does most of the western world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭xanthe

lol
    SDooM wrote: »
    No, because it is so discrete. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭thedizzler

hey girlies, im brand spanking new, but i just had to weigh in here, hope you don't mind!
    To preface, I personally would not show my breasts publicly. This may be largely due to the fact I don't have particularly good breasts. If I did, I might feel entirely differently. And it is with this attitude I regard others' boobage.
    If you're blessed with good breasts and you want to show them off, regardless of the expression on your face as you do so, that's fine by me. If someone is offended by that, it's their right,and in my opinion their perogative, to look away. Nobody forces you to look at page 3, the girls there make their living off it. Leave them to it, I say. If you don't want to see it, you don't have to look.
    Just my two cents.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's just the fact that page 3 exists in the first place. The concept of it is rather repugnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Tits are tits are tits, tbh.

Once you've used your breasts to feed a baby, you just don't regard them in the same way you did before.

Breasts to me are mechanical feeding devices - not sexual playthings. Dita or a Page Three stunna - I don't really want to see either of their funbags... they're just bags of fat and glands and I can't see why there is such a taboo about them.

• Advertisement

embee wrote: »
    Tits are tits are tits, tbh.

Once you've used your breasts to feed a baby, you just don't regard them in the same way you did before.

Breasts to me are mechanical feeding devices - not sexual playthings. Dita or a Page Three stunna - I don't really want to see either of their funbags... they're just bags of fat and glands and I can't see why there is such a taboo about them.

Eh... because they rule?
    Duh!

Advertisement