Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conger?

Options
  • 09-02-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I've often fished for conger during the summer from harbours in West Cork but never in winter, are they around during the winter months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yep, plenty conger around at the moment. Decent sized ones are being caught in the Shannon Estuary up as far as Foynes. With Kilteery pier and Tarbert pier producing some large ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Ya, there is plenty of congers around, `Conger Rock`in Kinsale has plenty of them, this spot is located along the Silly Walkway, if you are interested in fishing there I can always meet you in Kinsale and show you the best holes, beleive me a bit of local knowledge will go a longway. PM if you need any help.

Advertisement