Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQON pc motherboard question

Options
  • 09-02-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Howdy,
    I have an IQON PC which will not switch on have checked power supply on another PC and this works ok.On closer inspection the Celeron D chip has 1 pin missing when it was removed from board.I am wondering if the board is dependent on chip being present on board and fault free for board to switch on or is board power on independent of the chip???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

It can't switch on without a cpu in it im afriad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Thanks black gold,So if a pin on the chip is broken,then the board cant switch on......Why would motherboard for P3 come on without chip or ist it the 12 v connection for celeron D that switches chip on??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

I said without a chip not without a pin.
    "timer chip"" +power good signal" google it
    I don't hack cpu's or solder pins(or pen) of them together so i don't know what your asking me......

Advertisement