Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Female assistant ref!

• 09-02-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Watching the Roma game, the camera swung onto the nearside assistant referee - a rather attractive lady! Are there others, any outside Italy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Always a female assistant referees in the EL First Division anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"lino got a thong on lino got a thong on la la la "

Good old Rhona

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

pics of either female involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

if there was a female player good enough would she be allowed play for a "mens" professional team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Does the opinion/decision of the female ref always overrule that of the male officials? I cant imagine them taking the job otherwise :D

Wasnt it the Luton manager who made some comments about female refs lately after one gave a decision against his side?

She was rough iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

They have them in the Championship in England....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

uhh... wasn't there one at the world cup? it's nothing new anyways.

remember one of the Italian teams as well signed a female player as a publicity stunt. dunno if she ever played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

if there was a female player good enough would she be allowed play for a "mens" professional team?

dont be ridiculous - no!

if there was a man not good enough would he be allowed play in the womens professional league?! :confused: No.

like that little young one who wants to play on the male PGA tour, Michelle Wee is it? turning the thing into a joke. why doesnt John Daly go and play in the ladies tour in that case? easy money :cool:

women have no place in mens football. they can have their own leagues and all, fair play, as Newell said (and got in serious trouble for!) if they are good enough to officiate in the Championship, why not the premiership?! its a joke.

political correctness gone wrong.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Physical sports it's understandable to keep the sexes seperate, but I've never understood it in something like Snooker???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Is it "mens" football, I though it was just football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yes its mens football. **** sake, this can not be for real!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    yes its mens football. **** sake, this can not be for real!?
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, we should have women playing.

HELLO...is Sepp Blatter a fooking Boards poster now?

ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Watching the Roma game, the camera swung onto the nearside assistant referee - a rather attractive lady! Are there others, any outside Italy?

Post pics or it didnt happen!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Considering I'm modding the forum, do you lot really think all the sexist comments are wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You're worried about sexist comments on a Football forum? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Perugia almost signed a Swedish women's player a few years back. Her name was Hanna Ljungberg and she has 71 goals in 122 internationals. And no she's no relation to Freddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You're worried about sexist comments on a Football forum? :confused:

Not worried at all, just wondering about the wisdom of pissing off the forum mod is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What sexist comments have been made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

There are plenty of Male Referees and assistant referees that are ridiculously incompetent. There will also be plenty of female referees that are idiots. But there will be good ones too that are well capable of reffing at the top level...

There is no logical necessity for a referee to be male. Opposition is mainly centered on issues of 'respect' - which are derived from ingrained prejudices. So long as a male can ref at the top level without having played at the top level - we should be able to have female referees at the top level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Perugia almost signed a Swedish women's player a few years back. Her name was Hanna Ljungberg and she has 71 goals in 122 internationals. And no she's no relation to Freddy.

there were two players from that Swedish side they were looking at - both turned them down cause they felt they would not be good enough and didn't just want to be a PR exercise.

I think one of the America sides, possibly DC United, were talking about signing Mia Hamm a few years back too, when she was the superstar of american soccer (she was in Nike ads with 'His Royal Airness').

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I remember last year an assistant female ref in Brazil posed for Playboy and then got sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tauren wrote: »
    there were two players from that Swedish side they were looking at - both turned them down cause they felt they would not be good enough and didn't just want to be a PR exercise.

I think one of the America sides, possibly DC United, were talking about signing Mia Hamm a few years back too, when she was the superstar of american soccer (she was in Nike ads with 'His Royal Airness').

I met Mia Hamm in Chicago. I definitely would have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I met Mia Hamm in Chicago. I definitely would have.

I remember the Americas taking their tops off when the won the World Cup.... unfortunately their sports bra's were not as revealing as I would have liked.:(

I also remember almost buying a USA top with Hamm on the back (they were freaking everywhere when i was over there...) Glad I didn't

Advertisement