Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning 525 Sporter 32" Is it Love or just another crush.

Options
  • 09-02-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I have seen a Browning 525 with 32” barrels today.

This gun was the best fit of all the guns I have looked at so far.
    It had a nice balance and is a very good looking gun on top of that.

The gun is used but looked new the asking price was €1500.

My taste in guns is getting more expensive by the day, when looking around the gun room I picked up a few .22 I liked the look of they were €900 and €1250 each the 2 dearest .22 in the shop. Then all the shotguns I liked the fit of were all from €1500 and up. And I hated the fit of all the guns under €1000 but some of them looked great in the rack.

Was hoping to spend under 1k on this shotgun but think I will have to push the budget out a bit more and get the gun I like most. Would hate to think I spent a lot of money and had to settle for something I thought was second best.

Getting side tracked a little. Does anyone have one of these guns if so would they recommend them. And also is €1500 a good price for this gun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

own one and love it and fitted me like a glove
    light gun and very easily pointed
    i paid 1900 euro for mine brand new and in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wicklah

Hey IDon'tKnow,

Where did you see that Browning 525 for €1500?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wicklah

Ignore this, you answered it before on another thread, Courtlough.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I got a 525 advanced 30" sporter last year and i cannot imagine parting with it. paid 2250euro for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

IDK,
    I believe you said the magic words.

"This gun was the best fit of all the guns I have looked at so far."

I have the great grandmother of that gun, a c. 1953, B25 superposed, 30'' barrels, it was one of my fathers favorite guns.
    Great gun, no problems.

http://www.clay-shooting.com/guntests/BrowningB525.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Banjax

FN made B25? very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Hi Banjax,
    John Moses Browning unvailed the first B25 super in 1926 (he passed away in Nov. 1926) and the Superposed has been made entirely in Belgium since 1931. In the late 50's early 60's ? the B25 was elevated to a custom gun status, in many cases built to order.
    The Superposed(B25) and a few other firearms are available from FN as Brownings through the Browning Custom Shop http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/custom/index.asp .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

This gun was the best fit of all the guns I have looked at so far.
    It had a nice balance and is a very good looking gun on top of that.

Forget the price....if the gun fits buy it.
    This is the most important attribute of any gun - especially a clay gun.
    In fact you should ask one of the coaches in Courtlough to check the fitting of it.

Advertisement