Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster in Game: Rock Band out March 14th

Options
  • 09-02-2008 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously the guys in Game know something the rest of the world don't. They have a poster up in their 360 section in Limerick that says Rock Band is out on March 14th.... The poster has pictures of the guitar, drums and microphone. No mention of price.

Considering they seem to be the first people with a concrete date (ahead of all of the release websites like Eurogamer and Gamefaqs), I'd take the date with a pinch of salt.

We can hope, though... Why would they create a poster with an unverified date? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

This information does seem to have filtered through to a couple of retailers, interesting given the recent remarks from EA about a fiscal 09 release. It could easily be pushed out a couple of weeks though, guess we're just gonna have to wait some more as nothing has been confirmed past a reluctant "Ye, you'll get it eventually, hold your horses, did we mention that nobody likes europe?". I'm almost as interested now in seeing a price as a release date, might have to end up skipping it for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't put faith in the game release schedule. Some of the dates HO just seem to pull out their ass. As per the other thread it doesn't seem likely Rock Band will be out until after April 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

anyone know where online you can pre-order this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think this is one game you might consider buying in a regular shop, Brian. The package is pretty big and heavy, so postage won't come cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Tellin' ya, sell a kidney if you have to do, but don't hold off on buying the game because of the price. I imported mine on US launch date. The spiteful petty side of me wants the game released in April because i've arranged my first Rock Band party proper for Good Friday and wanted to have it before it came out here :P The descent, compassionate side of me hopes the game comes out asap for you guys, but I never listen to that guy, he's a douche! :P

I will say though there was a lot of confusion leading up to the release date in the US, so I wouldn't take anything as gospel until it's officially announced, and even then, look at what happened with the Canadian release.

• Advertisement

You imported for PS3 ? Was gonna do the same but not sure :(

Whats the story with the extra download content ? Can you purchase still it ?

Did you use ebay to import or some online shop ?

Mr E wrote: »
    I think this is one game you might consider buying in a regular shop, Brian. The package is pretty big and heavy, so postage won't come cheap.

You are probably right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

well some of you might know theres a nearing-150 page thread on the official rock band forums asking about the release date in EU and one guy says his "well-placed friend" told him the release date is definitely gonna be the 14th of march. i didnt take it too seriously up to now but this is making me more convinced. please let this be true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

I have a few friends working in GAME and in GameStop. The Game lads said this Friday but GameStop haven't heard a peep. GAME guys also said that the price is gonna be around 300 for the complete set....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

€300!!!!!! Jesus, can't see them shifting too many at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

€300??? That's nuts, I spent less than that importing it from the states at launch. Looks like all my attempts at justifying spending the extra are moot points now as I actually got it earlier for cheaper.

I still don't think it's coming out on Friday as there's been no word about it on the Rock Band forums.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    €300??? That's nuts, I spent less than that importing it from the states at launch. Looks like all my attempts at justifying spending the extra are moot points now as I actually got it earlier for cheaper.

I still don't think it's coming out on Friday as there's been no word about it on the Rock Band forums.

Friday me arse. If it is this Friday then its the best kept secret ... ever!

Yeah, can't see that happening, can't see it being €300 either. In the tradition of being ripped off I'd imagine we will see it for about €200 some time this summer.

NotorietyH wrote: »

Yeah thats what I said to my mates workin there, but apparently thats what they've been told in GAME. €300 for the special bundle.

On the official Rock Band forums theres word of it being May 13th.

My guess is that the marketing team in GAME made the biggest **** up by mistaking March for May... Either that or EA have the worst marketing in the world lol.

EDIT: I haven't actually seen these posters but can someone who has tell me if they are GAME posters or are they promotional from EA

If they don't have the GAME logos all over them that means EA sent those posters out which could be a bit of hope - otherwise it was GAME messing up

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As the OP, I can confirm that they were Game promotional posters....

On a side note, GameFAQs is now listing the release date as Q3 (changed from Q2).
    Thats July - September.

Then I guess the jig is up.

I rang three different GAME and GameStop stores today to snoop around

GAME on Dawson St and Dundrum said that it's out on friday
    GAME in the Ilac centre said it's out in May
    GameStop in Henry St/Liffey St/Stephens Green said they don't have a release date for it

It's nice to get your hopes up sometimes :P

Your mates in GAME are just guessing. Prices are never really set until a concrete release date is available.
    I doubt it will cost more than 250.

GHII was what ? 110. Game + Guitar
    Add drums ... 70?
    Add Mic ... 25 ?
    Add extra packaging/production costs ... 15 ?

200+ anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

GAME on Dawson St and Dundrum said that it's out on friday

Oh what a load of sh*t... I was talking to the manager in Game Limerick (who seems pretty ok) on th 29th February and she said there wasn't a chance of it comin out then! Nice to get some honesty!

GAME on Dawson St and Dundrum said that it's out on friday.

I think "LOL" is the only suitable reply to this :D.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I was chatting to a bloke in Smyths in Carrickmines while I was prebooking GTA4 and he said late April/early May. Probably just guessing though.

Your mates in GAME are just guessing. Prices are never really set until a concrete release date is available.
    I doubt it will cost more than 250.

That's what they have down in their system but as with all things, it could change
    Oh what a load of sh*t... I was talking to the manager in Game Limerick (who seems pretty ok) on th 29th February and she said there wasn't a chance of it comin out then! Nice to get some honesty!
    I think "LOL" is the only suitable reply to this :D.

lol I'm only relaying what they told me. Ring them yourselves and see :P

Last time I checked the only thing to do with RB on the system was a pre-order code.

lol I'm only relaying what they told me. Ring them yourselves and see :P

I know. I wasn't questioning that or trying to dig at you, more at the employee. :)

I know. I wasn't questioning that or trying to dig at you, more at the employee. :)

lol thats ok then :D

Advertisement