Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gift for 80th??

Options
  • 09-02-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I desperately need some ideas for a present for my soon to be 80 year old gran. Would like to get something nice that can be remembered and doesn't cost a fortune!

please people help me coz I can't think of anything! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Would it be possible to get the entire family together for a decent photo to frame for her ? By all I mean all her kids, grandkids and great grandkids if applicable.

Something like that would probably be the way to go, I mean when your 80 is there anything yo uwould really want, i'm guessing not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Was thinking of some thing like that but some are over sea ......

Come on guys some of you have to have some ideas for me !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭shortcorner

For my grandads 90th birthday. We scanned a load of pictures on a cd with a music track which he could watch on his dvd.
    Another idea would be a Digital Photo Frame, you can add loads of pictures from everyone and they rotate. They are about €70 from Curries or Dixons or Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I know you said something to be remembered but we got my granny a dvd player & dvd's as there's alot of oldie films now out on dvd. all she'd need is a pretty straightforward one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Definitely go with something in the photo area. Make up a family collage with lots of old photos. You can buy collage boards in Easons for about €20. If you have plenty of time on your hands You could go to http://www.digitalalbum.ie. You can make fantastic books for €47, endless possibilities. I have done a few of them for special occasions including my Mam's 80th and everyone loved them. You just scan in loads and loads of photos, design the book, email it and it arrives in the post about a week later. Very good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

That collage book sounds great but party is on Sat(gonna take a look might get one made up for DDs communion)

Digi frame is looking good so far....but keep them coming!

Thanks!

Advertisement