Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair dye

• 10-02-2008 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey I is new so I'll give a quick intro. Hey I'm Harriet, 15 (16 next month) and I live in Galway. Love to read and write and would love to be a writer after school.

So anyways question at hand. I'm thinking of dying my hair a purple/plum colour soon but don't know what brand of dye to use. I was gonna use Garnier 100% colour Pure Purple cos it's the exact purple I want but they don't make it anymore so that's out. Then I was gonna use Swarzcopf Live Colour XXL but I read some internet reviews and it doesn't have a very good rep at all. So now I dunno what to use.

I want something permanent that's vibrant and long lasting and doesn't fade to something boring.

Hope ye can help thanks. Oh btw I'm farely pale with naturally brown hair and blue/grey eyes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Hello there . Ive had all sorts of colours in my hair. One thing to consider with home colour kits is they hardly ever come out like the colour on the box. Why not get it done in the hairdressers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Enjoy Boards but do not delve into too many forums. You are too young to know some stuff that goes on here. Stay with the nice people sweetheart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I want something permanent that's vibrant and long lasting and doesn't fade to something boring.

Hope ye can help thanks. Oh btw I'm farely pale with naturally brown hair and blue/grey eyes.

Hi Harriet, welcome to Boards!
    Unfortunately the problem with hair colours- especially any of a reddish colour (including purple) is that they all fade over time. Especially crazy colours such as pink, purple, etc. I used to dye the ends of my hair shocking pink and within 2 washes it would be turning red and would eventually go orange. Fading is inevitable.

All the colours like purple- you would be better off to avoid permanent colours. They are harsher on your hair. If you go into Terrisales on Abbey Street, they sell semi permanent colours that will make your hair like silk. They have purple, blue, red, green, any colour of the rainbow. The ones I got come in a pink bottle and are called Crazy Colours but there is another brand on the same shelf beside them. For most of the dyes in this shop, you have to be a hairdresser to buy them (so you know how to handle them), but you don't with the Crazy Colours (or the other brand on that shelf) because they don't have harsh ingredients. I used the pink and the red ones on my hair recently and the shine and softness was unreal. You can also get dyes like this in Asha on the top floor of Stephen's Green shopping centre. If your hair is light brown then you probably won't need to bleach it first.

Hope this helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

If you have access to a credit card look online for a brand called Special FX, In my opinion its the best for bright outrageous colours, I find it lasts at least 3 times longer than Crazy Colour, Directions, stargazer etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

with brown hair you must realise you'll have a darker base to work with. bright purple or bright plum just wont happen, semi or permanent. i'd say head into boots in town and have a shot at the colours or go into barrys on shop street. it should be only around 30 euro for you (as a student) and it'll last longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement