Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best soccer supporters pubs?

Options
  • 10-02-2008 12:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

What pubs tend to get the best crowd for particular teams?

For Celtic it has to be Munroes easily, you even get a band on after sometimes (although they're not really a rebel band).

Liverpool, I've heard the Living Room has a gd turnout, as does Red Square.

Man Utd, probably most pubs but Munroes tends to have quite a few as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Hey Fionn, are you a barstool fan or do you ever go to Galway United games? Fox's is where a lot of Galway United fans meet before and after games. The season starts in a few weeks and I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Hey Fionn, are you a barstool fan or do you ever go to Galway United games? Fox's is where a lot of Galway United fans meet before and after games. The season starts in a few weeks and I can't wait.

Well said. Can't ****in wait.

Limerick on Friday aswel...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Isn't Fox's a Liverpool supporters club though??:confused:

Go to a few GUFC games though, good craic like.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

It seems to be a Liverpool pub alrite.

I would much rather refer to it as the Galway United pub though in fairness!

Please try to make it up to Terryland as often as possible this season...

We are on the up!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Chelsea fans meet in Massimo as far as I know. I will resist the temptation to remark that there are so few of them they can easily fit into one small room :).

As for Galway United, are they still charging stupid money to see an awful standard of football? It's been two years since I braved the Artctic conditions up there to watch a match so hopefully things have changed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

malice_ wrote: »
    Chelsea fans meet in Massimo as far as I know. I will resist the temptation to remark that there are so few of them they can easily fit into one small room :).
    They're a funny bunch. I've seen them with sheets of chants they've printed off the web, repeating them at the screen. Reminds me of the fast show sketch where John Thompson pitches up to the Arsenal game with a picnic basket.

"SOCCER!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Robbo wrote: »
    They're a funny bunch. I've seen them with sheets of chants they've printed off the web, repeating them at the screen. Reminds me of the fast show sketch where John Thompson pitches up to the Arsenal game with a picnic basket.

"SOCCER!"

ive spent many a happy evening watching chelsea games in the back of massimoes (im a fan), dunno bout the sheet chanting thing there mate tho, (maybe they/me were reading the wonderful menus in front of them while chanting "carefree..." along with the folk in the stand on tv)
    good spirited folk though,plenty of blaggardin and pizz taking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 thedarkknight

is there a spurs supporteres club in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

is there a spurs supporteres club in Galway

was wondering the same myself. I was in the Living Room for the Carling Cup Final and there was a good few of us Yids in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Somewhere to avoid so. As a Londoner I can tell you that they are up there (or should I say down there) with the Linfield and Rangers scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

As for Galway United, are they still charging stupid money to see an awful standard of football? It's been two years since I braved the Artctic conditions up there to watch a match so hopefully things have changed!

It's not as artic as before because they now play from March to October. It is €20 to get in but the facilities are class. There is a new stand with unbstructed views and they are putting up an electronic scoreboard at the moment. Check out the photos at...
    http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/menu-items/photo-gallery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

just remember this from another thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuwsOYVTsXQ

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*urrrrgh*....soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Somewhere to avoid so. As a Londoner I can tell you that they are up there (or should I say down there) with the Linfield and Rangers scum.

Having been at the Chelsea v Celtic 'friendly' last year I can confirm this...

I was weighing up the possiblilty of getting a Galway Utd season ticket this yr but I'd be better off paying at the gate, lookin forward to new season though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Conor h

Support yere local team.

Galway UTD's season kicks off Friday March 7th at home to Bohemians.

GUFC Supporters will meet in Foxs before and after the game with Bohs fans if anyone would like to pop in and have a bit of crack and banter.

For further info PM me or contact me via mobile/email.
    All relevant info is on the Supporters Trsut website www.galwayunitedfc.net

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Having been at the Chelsea v Celtic 'friendly' last year I can confirm this...

Haha we gave them as good as we got http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cGsENm9Q4GI

Advertisement