Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.6L for under €12k?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Why under 1.6L?

I'd stay well clear of a Rover, and that MG looks hideous in my opinion. Focus is the best out of the three you've suggested (the hatch would be nicer though ;) )

If it was me i'd probably get something like this and pocket the change
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=842181

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Because I can't get anything insured that's over 1.6L on a provisional license, unless you know of a company that does?

That volvo is very nice actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

ShaneU wrote: »
    Because I can't get anything insured that's over 1.6L on a provisional license, unless you know of a company that does?

Some companies will, especially if it's a diesel. I got insured on a 2L while a provisional with no experience (Quinn-direct) a few years ago, i'd say it's still the same with them.

Alfa 147's look nice too (reliability may be an issue) http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=902097

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Yeah your opinion mate

mick.fr wrote: »
    Yeah your opinion mate

sorry? if you've nothing helpful to say then troll somewhere else please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

sorry? if you've nothing helpful to say then troll somewhere else please.

I gave my opinion on something you said, you have got a problem with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

As I told you in work Shane !! lol . Get a small car and build up your no claims, look at my thread in the motors there is some advise in there, its called devastated !

Linky

I already told you I'm not buying a small car Dave. And by the way, you + Integra type-R = disaster waiting to happen, the grannies won't know what hit them. :D

I already told you I'm not buying a small car Dave. And by the way, you + Integra type-R = disaster waiting to happen, the grannies won't know what hit them. :D

The grannies don't deserve to know what hit them and the insurance company won't know what hit them either !! :D

The small car is the way foward mate. Anyone will tell you. You will be nervous on the roads only starting out, and no point wasting all your money if you do have an accident, touch wood you do not.. Just make the right choice (sports car from japan :) )

No offence or anything Dave but I'm into more classy cars :D (except that MG that looks cool :D) and those white Honda Integra's look awful.

• Advertisement

No offence or anything Dave but I'm into more classy cars :D (except that MG that looks cool :D) and those white Honda Integra's look awful.

I must convert you ! You will be ambushed in this forum saying that ! A small car is the way , save your money for a year or two and buy the car you really want. As you were saying earlier it sounds like a proper classy car and I would even drive it ! Suggestion please on a ford fiesta ? :D

Ford fiesta?, you must be confusing me with someone else we know ;) No I'm not really into nun's cars, I will have my Lotus Elise one day oh yes :D

One day Shane, and then you will realise, I see what Dave ment about them Type R's ...

Believe it or not, ford fiesta's (zetec 1.25) are really fun to drive, of course, in second gear !!

(Anyone know if the DOHC is there for show or dose it work ?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Could'nt agree more. A fiesta 1.25 is great fun car. Don't let looks decieve you. Its way sportier than anything else in its class with the same size engine. Thinking of buying one myself as a runaround. The sister sold her 06 A3 last year (needed cash) and bought a 04 fiesta. She loves it and says it feels far sportier to drive than the audi. What do you mean is the DOHC there for show or does it work? If it has two camshafts I would imagine they both work. I've yet to come across an engine with a spare one.

Advertisement