Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Singles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

C-J wrote: »
    I need an honest answer.. Im a goodlooking girl, 21, small dark and petite, fun, intelligent and a genuinely nice girl. I cant seem to find anyone who doesnt end up breaking my heart, Im usually too nice to set boundaries etc- either that or the guy turns out to be a jerk, I tend to go for personality & so have ended up with a series of average looking guys who have ended up hurting me. Any guys who approach me in a pub are usually hammered drunk. I want the guys to be honest, are you afraid to approach a good looking girl & if so is it because of intimidation and/or fear of rejection?

More concerned about being embarrased. Everytime i try to talk to a cute girl on a night out, she always seems to think im just after a one night stand. And then just disregards any attempts at conversation. Its uncomfortable then for the rest of the night if you see them again, especially in a small city like Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

In the final year of my degree and havent been on a date in a year. Galway guys dont date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I do... but haven't found anyone to ask in ages.

Not sure if I'd date a student though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Hey C-J
    I think its more a confidence thing on the guys part rather than just the girl's looks. If a girl is that extra bit special it can make approaching her all the more difficult because (a) rejection may feel more probable (b) she may be in a big group which is very off putting for anyone and (c) if she is something special the guy may feel she's in a relationship to begin with. Afterall a common belief in life is that if things seem too good to be true they often are.

I do... but haven't found anyone to ask in ages.

Not sure if I'd date a student though :p

Im not your average student... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Im not your average student... ;)
    That has put it up to PopeBuckfastXVI - I await the response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 StonesJR

Well C-J from my experience woman that i meet in clubs seem to always think you are after one thing.

I have found that i am sick of going to clubs as it just isn't the easiest place to start off a relationship or evan a conversation for that matter.

Well I am 22, have an 8 to 5 job, but will be going out thursday for rag week so i am sure i will see some of ye out.

Oh and i will be sober as I am DD and have to work the next day (Just in case C-J see's any non - drinking guys)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I meet some of the nicest girls in the taxi queues.

I was wishing for most of the night, that maybe CJ was the girl I met that lived in Renmore and worked for Nortel, because she certainly met the descritption and was one of the loveliest girls I've met, I was however stupid enough not to get name and number.

Alas you aren't said girl and I'm 34 *sigh*

PM me her first name Matt,

Unfortunately most girls in Nortel ain't single, but I can make enquiries for you, I have a source up there ;)

ciotog wrote: »
    That has put it up to PopeBuckfastXVI - I await the response!

Sorry all, I was in bed for the challenge... had a long week of working for the man.

C-J, if you can suggest an interesting date, then I'll put my time at your disposal and bring you on it!*

*All entrants must be 18+, some terms and conditions apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

you know Pope, normally people ask people out on a date face to face :p

But if it works who's laughing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

But if it works who's laughing then?

Jesus....

This is hilarious I love it.. unfortunately dont work in Nortel but in my final year eventually of college and going to Templemore in September... perhaps THATS what intimidates guys??! :P

This is hilarious I love it.. unfortunately dont work in Nortel but in my final year eventually of college and going to Templemore in September... perhaps THATS what intimidates guys??! :P
    Ah no. Sure a lady guard in the ranks doesn't intimidate anyone. We're all well behaved gents down here in Galway. Wouldn't know how to break the law!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ill go on a date with ya provided you wear the uniform!!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

tis a man's job anyway!!.

/scatter!

Ah final year, how I hate thee! Only time I have time to do anything is the weekend, and even then I should be working on my project! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Are you suggesting she get a job like in my signiture pic:D?

Phew, wait til biko and the sigpo see that sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah. Resize for great glory.

• Advertisement

Here is the said picture.
    ep05_24.jpg

Haha the uniforms not hot but I was told in Taafes on Thursday night (while still wearing the ball gown.. lol) that Im the best looking future guard around :P

Haha the uniforms not hot but I was told in Taafes on Thursday night (while still wearing the ball gown.. lol) that Im the best looking future guard around :P

pics or it never happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I've got handcuffs if you need the practice

oh what a suggestion im a lady!! :L

So you mean women guards aren't allowed to use Handcuffs? :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I need an honest answer.. Im a goodlooking girl, 21, small dark and petite, fun, intelligent and a genuinely nice girl. I cant seem to find anyone who doesnt end up breaking my heart, Im usually too nice to set boundaries etc- either that or the guy turns out to be a jerk, I tend to go for personality & so have ended up with a series of average looking guys who have ended up hurting me. Any guys who approach me in a pub are usually hammered drunk. I want the guys to be honest, are you afraid to approach a good looking girl & if so is it because of intimidation and/or fear of rejection?

You just need to talk to us brilliant reading room men more often :-p.

Also, men are afraid of women, women hunt in large groups at all times and have mean friends who want to do the man harm. It's hard to figure out if somebody likes you too, signals? What are they to a man? I remember a few years ago a girl told all of my friends that she liked me, they told me against her wishes, and I still barely knew she liked me. :-)
    Well, she was too afraid to talk to me...

Mmm, handcuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Well it all depends really. Approaching a lady in a club or a pub isnt an easy thing to do even you have a lot of self confidence. Everybody is afraid of rejection whether the girl is amazing looking or average looking. I guess guys think that there is more of a chance to be rejected if the girl is really pretty.

To be honest I dont think pubs and clubs are the best place to meet a partner unless you are looking for a one night stand. Friends of friends and other social occassions are usually easier than trying to meet some random drunk person for long meaningful relationship.

And you are only 21 years of age so relax. Dont be in such a rush to meet someone. Take your time and enjoy yourself .. The right person will come along when you least expect it and more importantly .. when you arent really looking for it. For some reason people who are actively looking for a gf or bf always seem to find it really difficult to find one. I dont think I have ever 'looked' for a girlfriend but they have always just seemed to drop in my lap at the right time

Ive just a string of 'lads' I suppose Im looking for a man! :D maybe in templemore ill find myself a nice country boy then we'd have a set of handcuffs each.. and two batons!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Garda_boss

I tend to go for personality & so have ended up with a series of average looking guys
    So only average looking guys have personalities?

Keep your knickers on in Templemore as well, you know the rules on fraternisation, CJ.

Advertisement