Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Singles

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol!

Also, I agree with the pubs and clubs never being a good bet. I much prefer to know the person from friends or clubs or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

C-J wrote: »
    I need an honest answer.. Im a goodlooking girl, 21, small dark and petite, fun, intelligent and a genuinely nice girl. I cant seem to find anyone who doesnt end up breaking my heart, Im usually too nice to set boundaries etc- either that or the guy turns out to be a jerk, I tend to go for personality & so have ended up with a series of average looking guys who have ended up hurting me. Any guys who approach me in a pub are usually hammered drunk. I want the guys to be honest, are you afraid to approach a good looking girl & if so is it because of intimidation and/or fear of rejection?

hey c.j.

generally speaking from a guys perspective we are afraid of being knocked back if we try and talk to a girl in a club/pub situation, the prettier the girl the more the chance of being rejected could be, also as another poster stated women hunt in packs and 'that' can be intimidating and if you try and chat to girls in such group it can be very hard as you are being judged by people that don't know you at face value(their friends)as you are trying to hold a conversation with them(an example of which was when i was in karma recently i was talking to a lovely polish girl at the bar and we stayed talking for half hour or so and went for an 'oul' dance only for her friends to swarm around her on the dance floor after 10 mins and to whisk her off and didn't see her for the rest of the night), i think it is very rare meeting someone that you have common 'sober' interests with in a nightclub situation and in heindsight looking on previous relationships it has been through friends/work colleuges/old flatmantes that some stability has arosen from a situation.

with regards to setting boundries for being too nice, there is no such thing as being too nice in a relationship imo;-) i am a 24 year old single chappy chap and most of the girls in the past have been pretty girls indeed and i am very lucky that pretty ladies seemed to find me attractive, i 'have' treated them like princess's, majority have apreciated it and other girls didn't and needed to be treated differant.

(sorry just realised i didn't make a point concise above) basically if your not matched your not matched and treating someone too nice ain't got much to do with it.;)

have ya ever approached guys that have thrown ya the eye so to speak c.j.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

well im a single girl granted new to Galway.

id prefer to meet guys sober too as drink does evil things to the mind!

i think it would be better to meet people through clubs or friends etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

It is a bit of a bugger when you've suddenly got a very small circle of friends or none, to help meet new people. Especially when they don't know your 'type'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Meh, Galways a fun town.....everybodys way too busy having the craic to be concerned wit hooking up with smebody, and if a chance encounter happens at the end of the night well sure, whos complainin!!

Im 5ft 11',do a bit of modelling work....so mustn't be the most minging girl on the planet, and think im good craic, certainly my job means i've no trouble talking to new people and am generally very sociable! And I've been single for 2years, well there was a brief 4month thing in there during that time, but the less said about that the better!!

I'm not particularly bothered about being single, to be honest im having a great time...still though, two years, kinda makes me wonder...a little!!

I do find that a lot of guys you meet are only after one ting on a saturday night...but sure, alcohol does strange things to us all.

Perhaps us tall women intimidate the men of galway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I think my over confidence has led to a bit of confusion as to what makes up the CJ!! :) Im no Jessica Alba (I wish) but this pic will illustrate the shortness even though Im Drunkie McDrunkerson in it...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=277902738&albumID=391409&imageID=7162066

Meh, Galways a fun town.....everybodys way too busy having the craic to be concerned wit hooking up with smebody, and if a chance encounter happens at the end of the night well sure, whos complainin!!

Im 5ft 11',do a bit of modelling work....so mustn't be the most minging girl on the planet, and think im good craic, certainly my job means i've no trouble talking to new people and am generally very sociable! And I've been single for 2years, well there was a brief 4month thing in there during that time, but the less said about that the better!!

I'm not particularly bothered about being single, to be honest im having a great time...still though, two years, kinda makes me wonder...a little!!

I do find that a lot of guys you meet are only after one ting on a saturday night...but sure, alcohol does strange things to us all.

There are a lot of tall girls in Galway, but then I'm only 5'7. I think tall women are more put off by short blokes than the other way round.

CJ I don't think you've got anything to worry about looks-wise, you seem to scrub up just fine :D

Definitely, women are put off by shorter guys speaking from my friends and I. I tend to go for 5'10 or over despite the fact Im scraping 5'3. Its not a judgemental thing I suppose its human nature!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

I read somewhere that male-female equivalents are 5/6 inches apart in height as a rough rule of thumb. So for example a 6ft guy's female equivalent is about 5'6''/5'7''. Not saying other combinations don't work equally well in practice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Agree with MattKid, I'm just 5' 8" and I certainly wouldn't discriminate against a taller woman. Be intimidated, yes :) I do get the feeling that a taller bloke is the preferred choice.

• Advertisement

My guy friends are split 5050 between taller girls and shorter girls. Personally the 'small and cute' thing gets a bit old but im not gonna grow anymore so gonna have to get used to it!! :D

I think my over confidence has led to a bit of confusion as to what makes up the CJ!! :) Im no Jessica Alba (I wish) but this pic will illustrate the shortness even though Im Drunkie McDrunkerson in it...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=277902738&albumID=391409&imageID=7162066

damn shame that link don't work, was looking forward to what ya look like after all the self promoting cj:p

try it again there;)

im a shameless self promoter Im afraid!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

if its stats were talking, well im 6'1" dark hair, stubble and i like guinness and surf!
    guinness more so cause the sea is so cold at the mo! ;)

http://dinetomeet.com operate in Galway for those that want a less drunk night out meeting people.

Disclaimer: I have never been to one of their evenings so can't vouch for anything personally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

hmmmm!!

and ya i think in general we can be very obvious what we want on a night out;)

who's up for a collective drink/coffee in a pub in the old side of town on thursday in the evening time??
    not a piss up just a get together lioke!;)

Speak for yourself Freeman! I'm not that easy (damn my morals)

I've had one drunken ONS stand in my entire life, and they just don't seem worth it.

MattKid wrote: »
    Speak for yourself Freeman! I'm not that easy (damn my morals)

I've had one drunken ONS stand in my entire life, and they just don't seem worth it.

not speaking for myself just in generalities friend! after all men think of sex an awful lot more than women and thats widely known!;)

Not a one night stand fan whatsoever and so not what Im looking for whatsoever! Number swapping and a kiss initially is fine for me. The last two guys Ive been with Ive discovered theyve had another girlfriend the other side of the country, maybe thats because they were both army!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I definitely don't have a gf the other side of the country so how about a three night stand?
    >_>
    <_<

Just three nights??! aww..

After 72 hours I find I need to take a break, now and again. :-d

im getting the partying and randomness out of my system before the reading room beckons in March :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

who's up for a collective drink/coffee in a pub in the old side of town on thursday in the evening time??
    not a piss up just a get together lioke!;)

this idea sounds good in principle but in reality it will probably be populated by a bunch of lads who will drink their tea in silence until someone says "pint?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

im getting the partying and randomness out of my system before the reading room beckons in March :(

Why not library? :p

The reading room is where us hot people go, no room for you davey. :-p

The reading room is where us hot people go, no room for you davey. :-p

I'm hot enough for any room, pfft!

skelliser wrote: »
    this idea sounds good in principle but in reality it will probably be populated by a bunch of lads who will drink their tea in silence until someone says "pint?"

ya man i hear ya and very possible indeed! i know there's a few single girls that were posting on this thread hinting at meeting 'young eligible bachelors':) including a part time model and a self confessed petite good looking lady!!;)

hint hint!!

• Advertisement

Yes I think we should all meet up for tea party...

Advertisement