Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2008 Timetable

Options
  • 10-02-2008 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Just noticed the timetable for 2008 hasn't reared its ugly face here. So i thought I'd post it. I've only included the normal Leaving Cert part, so sorry for all you leaving cert applied people.

here's the original PDF file: http://examinations.ie/exam/Written_LC_EV_%202008.pdf
    lc%202008.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

ooer! boo, im one of teh few unlucky people who has to do chemistry:(
    but i'll have all my exams finished by the thursday! hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

my timetable turned out pretty sweet, but i do applied maths, so ill be doing the very last exam this year. boo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ohh how i'd wish this timetable was around when i was doing the leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Finish on friday the 13th haha, that can't be good the timetable for me works out very like my pre's did, a lot of half days and one day off

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I only have English Wednesay and Thursday and have Friday off, that's a nice long weekend...
    only have Irish Monday and Tuesday...French and History on Wednesday! My only full day! Biology on Thursday and Accouting on Tuesday...
    This is much better than last years timetable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I wish I was born a year earlier.

I wish I was born a year earlier.

dont you mean a year later? i assume you're in first year college now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Peleus wrote: »
    dont you mean a year later? i assume you're in first year college now

No I mean a year earlier. I'm in sixth year now.

Take it you dont like the timetable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

my timetable works out savage,but economics!boooourns!cant wait for that thursday woo!:)

• Advertisement

oh sorry, i thought you did the leaving last year but wished you were doing it now cos of the new timetable. neva mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I have to wait for music on the 19th!!! Scag! And thursday the 12th isn't nice for me at all ... biology and then art history .... typical really haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

sickener. yeah I'll have to wait for music too... I will have 4 empty days before it,it's so stupid what am i gonna do to study for it like!
    In fact , question : how the hell do you study music? I have never studied it in my life and tried to this afternoon and it was a big shambolic failure..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

my second last exam (French on the 11th) is a full 9 days before my last one (Engineering!!!!)

plenty of tim to study for that then!!:D:D

does mean tho that i'll have 9 exams in 6 days leading up to that!:(

SRFC90 wrote: »
    my second last exam (French on the 11th) is a full 9 days before my last one (Engineering!!!!)

plenty of tim to study for that then!!:D:D

does mean tho that i'll have 9 exams in 6 days leading up to that!:(
    I know a few people in a situation like that

lucky indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

they should really change agr science and Applied maths from being on at the same time,it happens every year people have to stay around till seven o clock

daggy wrote: »
    sickener. yeah I'll have to wait for music too... I will have 4 empty days before it,it's so stupid what am i gonna do to study for it like!
    In fact , question : how the hell do you study music? I have never studied it in my life and tried to this afternoon and it was a big shambolic failure..

Sure don't study, just do wat i do and wing it on the day, sure the only thing you really have to know is your essay (and it's easy enough to wing that like) and set works are a piece of Piss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Just listen to music to study it. : p Easy. Look over notes on your set works if you've got them. I suspect I'll be too busy cramming Applied Maths to worry much about Music at that point.

I never went to music class, so I've no notes (damn going on the hop all the time haha) But I got like 78% in the halloween exams by winging it ... sure we'll all see when the results come out haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

i dont get why ppl have to hang around till 7pm just cause ag science and applies math r on @ d same time??!:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

If you're doing two subjects which are on at the same time, you have to do them back to back and you're not allowed leave, so you have to stay in later to do the second one after the first.

that sounds awful! its not very fair either! I wonder does it happen much? I mean unless your a bionic it gives one an disadvantage cause it has to affect ones grade! wat da ya think?

I imagine you get a break, but yeah, it's quite unfair. I think considering it's the very last day of exams, they shouldn't have any exams running concurrently, to eliminate the possibility of it happening. It's likely, however, that they chose the subjects specifically because so few people do both of them.

ya ur right, less than 3000 do ag science and im sure theres a low figure for applied math!

you do appled math?!! Whats it like? I mean compared to normal math that the rest of us are used to (r maybe not so used 2!!)

I actually know a fair number of people who do/did applied maths, but maybe I've just got nerdy friends.
    It's like a combination of maths and physics. I think people tend to assume it's just harder maths, but it's different, it is, surprising and all, maths applied to the real world. You know, projectiles, speed, distance, gravity, friction and forces and all that stuff.

annie19 wrote: »
    ya ur right, less than 3000 do ag science and im sure theres a low figure for applied math!
    wow that all, Its quiet a popular subject in our school

2 full classes so 50ish people.

annie19 wrote: »
    you do appled math?!! Whats it like? I mean compared to normal math that the rest of us are used to (r maybe not so used 2!!)

i do applies maths. im good at maths, so applied maths is easy for me. you know when your in maths class doing differentiation or intergration and you ask yourself "when am i ever going to use this?". in applied maths you basically use everything you did in maths over the years to work out, for example, where a ball will land if you shot it into the air at 5 m/s at an angle of 30degrees. its great and alot more fun that maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

I never went to music class, so I've no notes (damn going on the hop all the time haha) But I got like 78% in the halloween exams by winging it ... sure we'll all see when the results come out haha!!

See my music teacher is such a pathetic joke,that you are doing yourself a favour by not going to class. She covered the "wrong" stuff with us for traditional music , but being the bright wee spark she is, she only realises this the day we got our mid-term holerrrdays. And this was only becasue i put up my hand and said, sorry what are you talking about we never covered seanos ..and to think I wasted my time in 5th year writing essays about the harping tradition thanks to the fool...
    but yes, the set works are a piece of "piss" , and you really can get away with a B from doing sweet feck. hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

If you're doing two subjects which are on at the same time, you have to do them back to back and you're not allowed leave, so you have to stay in later to do the second one after the first.

I never knew you could do this. Was this arramgement always around? because a few years back agricultural science and biology were timetabled the same time and my friend who was picking subjects at the time ( back in ty) for the lc wasnt allowed do both.

Do you get any break at all between the exams??

Advertisement