Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the newest hairstyle for teenage lads?

• 10-02-2008 2:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭

Ok at the moment i have the whole mohawk thing going for about a year now. Hair shaved at the sides and thick on top and down the back.
    Everyone seems to have it now and it's just turned into the classic spiked fringe that everyone used to have!
    So anyone know what's next cos im kinda sick of the mohawk by now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I did that in first year and was laughed at, that is about 6 years ago now, 2 years later everyone had it and it was deemed 'cool'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

It's not a proper Mohawk until it's a foot high and multicoloured (like the Big Issue guy who used to be on Grafton Street):D
    Short back and sides ftw. Otherwise, ask your barber for a tonsure.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Shave your head, its the rage at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

it's the mohawk with that ridiculous littlt bit of growth hown the neck
    with blonde highlights

looks like it's here for a while, sorry mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

TORRES MULLET!!

torres2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

il gatto wrote: »
    It's not a proper Mohawk until it's a foot high and multicoloured (like the Big Issue guy who used to be on Grafton Street):D
    Short back and sides ftw. Otherwise, ask your barber for a tonsure.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsure

I agree.

OP, the hairstyle you have could only be considered a mullet. Which is possibly the worst hairstyle ever IMO. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah it's pretty bad alright! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Joe Robot wrote: »
    I agree.

OP, the hairstyle you have could only be considered a mullet. Which is possibly the worst hairstyle ever IMO. :D

What, and you think short back and sides is the best hairstyle ever? Well I suppose so, if you're happy to be part of the 99% of Irish guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Jasus I had a mohawk 18 years ago that grew all the way down to my ass, I was the only person around (my area and in school) with one so it was kinda cool :D I had let it grow out though after I finished school so that I'd actually be employable :( I'd love to get one again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

tom_cruise_101907_03.jpg

I believe this is all the rage now. After all if the Cruiser is wearing it you know you can't go wrong*.

* Why do you need to know what's new and cool? Just go with what you like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

TORRES MULLET!!

torres2.jpg

does anyone else think these kind of hairstyles are completely rancid looking? particularly on greasy juveniles, they are part of the uniform now with the little 'diamond' ear stud, soft cotton tracksuit bottoms, shinning white trainers and stripey jumper. gak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

ferdi wrote: »
    does anyone else think these kind of hairstyles are completely rancid looking? particularly on greasy juveniles, they are part of the uniform now with the little 'diamond' ear stud, soft cotton tracksuit bottoms, shinning white trainers and stripey jumper. gak.

I couldn't agree more ferdi. The fact that they think they look the bee's knee's is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

As we usually tend to follow British fashions, what I'd do is just start growing your hair. Nearly all the hairstyles I see over here are either 1. emo or 2. longish, like you're in a band. Nobody really has a shaved cut unless its shaved all over. So just keep it growing, maybe get it thinned out after 3 months and then ask the hairdresser (not barber!) to come up with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Cianos wrote: »
    What, and you think short back and sides is the best hairstyle ever? Well I suppose so, if you're happy to be part of the 99% of Irish guys.

No actually. I hate that. :D

ferdi wrote: »

You forgot the tracksuit bottoms tucked into the white socks. :eek:

Advertisement