Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with my BF2. Ranking up..etc

Options
  • 10-02-2008 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Ok So I'm playing bf2.
    I am aiming to rank up. So I am in a server for a while and rank up for my 1st time to Private First Class.
    Minutes go by and BAM It says connection lost, or something stupid like that.
    I have to restart BF2. I Re-enter the server to find myself ranking up again to Private First Class.? It didn't save?? I had to go to effort AGAIN To rank up.

But this 2nd time I am in server I rank up 3 times to Corporal. Rounds end..etc and the map is switching. As usuall bf2 takes ages to load. but this time It stays on "verifying client data" for too long!! So I have to restart my pc by holding the power button(it was the only way, i tried ALT+F4, CTRL ALT DEL, Windows button...etc) Because of this I think ive lost all them ranks again?? I tried to get into a server again but couldnt becuz of reasons explained above.

Whats going on, I need to work my ass off again to get these ranks becuz of BF2 ****ing up??? I am on tracker bf2tracker, but that seems to be ignoring me.

All I wanna do is be able to rank up without any hassle. :confused::confused:
    Its really annoying me because also I have got awards :confused::confused:

Another thing to add. Getting tracked requires you to have 100+ points. I get over 100, bf2 F***s up, doesn't register y points and I don't get tracked?? This really is quiet the mess!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Please don't start separate threads for what is in effect the same problem.

Please post your replies to the other threads you have started.

All of the stats sites say you have zero points, you need to play on ranked servers for the points.

You mentioned in your post on the 8th that you were playing the demo, I've not played a demo version of BF2 so I'm not sure how it works with joining servers/points etc. Perhaps someone else can clarify that.

Are you using the full version or demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Different Thread, different Title, people will see New title and go to it rather than go to one of my old ones, they wouldnt bother?

yes I have the real full game.
    I am playing on Ranked servers, hence the fact that I said I Ranked up.

It seems My ranking status aint goin into my account?
    Is this due to my BF2 Crashing after ive ranked up and havent left the server properly?? As in I need to click disconnect..etc for my ranking to register with my account??

How long ago did you rank up. Sometimes it can be overnight before the stats sites / EA updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The data thing: it sounds like a PB issue. Update your PB.

As for your rankage, meh. How long were you playing, and have you tried playing on a EA server? Does it happen on there as well? If not, the server you was playing on may not be ranked, or some shizzle. Oh, and ensure you were playing for more than an hour, yeah?

the_syco wrote: »
    As for your rankage, meh. How long were you playing, and have you tried playing on a EA server? Does it happen on there as well? If not, the server you was playing on may not be ranked, or some shizzle. Oh, and ensure you were playing for more than an hour, yeah?

Im not stupid, I know that I was playing on Ranked server as I filtered the server list.

What do you mean by this. "Oh, and ensure you were playing for more than an hour, yeah?" I think It might have just inder an hour or so. cant remember.

It was about 2-3 hours ago I was ranking up. Still nothing on My BF2Tracker

• Advertisement

Sometimes it can take several hours for the tracker sites to update.

I went onto both trackers today and Nothing still..

Is there something wrong with the Ranked servers I play in?
    Is EA Fuc**d up??

All my time of play wasted, and ive nothing to show for my teamwork and kills :(:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've found in a few servers that unless you play on the server for more than a specified time (usually over an hour), the bftracker doesn't count it.

Was playing for around 2 hours today.
    This is my bf2tracker page.

You can see it says Last Battle:10.02.2008 at 15:55.
    My progress towards my next rank is empty too when i got around 100 points today.

This is true. I have been tracked but kill/maps ive played on etc havent been???

Plus I was playing on RANKED SERVERS !

Are you playing on the one server all the time?

• Advertisement

I Couldnt say i was but was in 1 server today for an hour and a bit!!

Try playing on different servers, especially EA servers as mentioned above.

How can I tell if its Ea Server.

Plus when I filter for ranked servers, theres usually only about 10-15.

Where are all the ranked servers???

How can I update my PB.

Link plz?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

barcoe4 wrote: »
    How can I update my PB.

Link plz?

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

I feel like Quiting BF2.
    I Play for hours, get kills, ranks, awards...etc and I have nothing to show my great achievements???

Is there anyone out there that actually knows whats going on?
    Ive been playing at least 1 hour each day the last 3-4 days, around 3 hours today, and TRACKERS CANT FIND ME, I am Still a PRIVATE. :(:(

Gawd daym!!!!!!!!!??????

I was only getting 10-15 ranked servers becuz i havnt patched the game which i got from ebay last week??
    I am updating it to the latest patch now.

But is this the reason why I wasnt getting tracked??
    Possibly becuz i wasnt patched up. but i was still palying on ranked servers??

Makes u go Hmmmm....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I was only getting 10-15 ranked servers becuz i havnt patched the game which i got from ebay last week??
    I am updating it to the latest patch now.

But is this the reason why I wasnt getting tracked??
    Possibly becuz i wasnt patched up. but i was still palying on ranked servers??

Makes u go Hmmmm....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Servers without the current patch are automaticall deranked, you weren't playing on ranked servers.

Well thats the problem then. Thanks spear!

Well thats the problem then. Thanks spear!

Make sure you grab the current patch

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/1.41/BF2_Patch_1.41.exe

And the free Highway Tampa map

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/BF/2/BF2_Highway_Tampa_Update.zip

And you should be sorted.

• Advertisement

Advertisement