Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Can't Believe He's A Premiership Footballer!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Someone said Curtis Davis is a 'great' defender on here, if that is allowed then Paul McShane can be labelled the next Fabio Cannavaro.

Haha Davies is far better than McShane. Did a better job than McShane did in the Championship, and has done better than him in the Premiership too. I'd say if you asked Capello he might agree too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DSB wrote: »
    Did a better job than McShane did in the Championship,
    McShane was motm every other week for Brighton. Played right back for West Brom. Just making that point, I'd definitely rather Davies though atm. McShane is still potential that I'm sure will be fulfilled. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

eirebhoy wrote: »
    McShane was motm every other week for Brighton.
    Were Brighton not relegated though? It's a far bigger achievement to be the best defender at West Brom if you ask me. I don't think McShane is terrible either though. But he'll never be good enough for a top 6 team. Davies already is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Lee Dong Gook (Boro) definately

I think I read somewhere he has scored against Northampton and Mansfield

I honestly believe I would have scored more goals than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pizarro

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Pizarro??

Ah here some people opinions here are just crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

cson wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that some people in the hate thread may have got it wrong. They just picked useless players who should be pitied for their less than proficient skills rather than hated. And it got me thinking; how many fully useless players are currently plying their trade in the Premiership of all places? I know I've shouted something like "Ah ffs, shure I'd do better meself" at the telly a fair few times.

Let us pick the first XI for Useless & Crap Albion AFC :)

GK

LB
    CB Titus Bramble
    CB Paul McShane
    RB John O'Shea

LM
    CM
    CM Dwight Yorke
    RM Theo Walcott

CF Dirk Kuyt
    CF Andriy Voronin

Any more?

yeah the whole Chelsea squad USELESS USELESS USELESS !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Villain wrote: »
    Pizarro??

Ah here some people opinions here are just crazy

is that sarcasm? c'mon the man has scored 1 or at tops 2 goals since he came to the premier league??granted he was a free signing i wouldnt call him terrible all the same.off the top of my head...
    titus bramble(although hes chipped in with a few important goals for wigan)
    vorinan(gick)
    ramage
    fagan and the rest of the derby team
    that chinese fella on manu dong i think??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

scruff321 wrote: »
    is that sarcasm? c'mon the man has scored 1 or at tops 2 goals since he came to the premier league??granted he was a free signing i wouldnt call him terrible all the same.

Pizarro may not be a top class striker but does he fit into the "I can't believe he's a Premiership footballer"??

He hasn't got that much game time, he scored 70 gaols for Bayern Munich from 174 appearances and you "can't believe he's a Premiership footballer"??

Give me a break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

scruff321 wrote: »
    is that sarcasm? c'mon the man (Pizarro) has scored 1 or at tops 2 goals since he came to the premier league??

yeah, sure lets just forget about all his bundesliga, and more importantly, champions league goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Threads like this expose people's idiocy with regards to football like no other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

In a somewhat related post to Luckylloyd's comment, I hate when people say 'you know nothing about football' if you make a claim about a player that they disagree with.

Knowing nothing about football is like thinking Brian O'Driscoll captains the Irish football team, not suggesting that Liverpool should sell Gerrard if they want to win the league.

In a somewhat related post to Luckylloyd's comment, I hate when people say 'you know nothing about football' if you make a claim about a player that they disagree with.

Knowing nothing about football is like thinking Brian O'Driscoll captains the Irish football team, not suggesting that Liverpool should sell Gerrard if they want to win the league.

Meh, so far O' Shea; Voronin and Phil Neville have been mentioned in this thread. I stand by what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I agree though, some of the suggestions are bordering on insane, but I wouldn't say they know nothing about football.

I agree though, some of the suggestions are bordering on insane, but I wouldn't say they know nothing about football.
    Fair point. "Nothing" is a little harsh. "Little"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Meh, so far O' Shea; Voronin and Phil Neville have been mentioned in this thread. I stand by what I said.

I think those choices are more bias than ignorance in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Steven ''Ouch that handball hurt my stomach'' Taylor
    The list of Latin American flops is endless
    Diego Forlan
    Luciano Figueiroa
    Juan Veron
    et al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Mauricio Pellegrino deserves a mention ... I was just gald the pool never paid for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    yeah, sure lets just forget about all his bundesliga, and more importantly, champions league goals.

Sure so called quality journalists were touting Berbatov and Benny McCarthy as wonderful "discoveries" for the premiership the last few seasons, they're goals in foreign leagues dont count.
    GBX wrote: »
    Mauricio Pellegrino deserves a mention ... I was just gald the pool never paid for him!

How liverpool qualified for the champions league with him playing centre half il never know, oh no wait they missed out on the place because of him but uefa let them back in! (Im a liverpool fan,im not trying to flame anyone im just pointing out the position his shocking lack of pace left the reds in!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Henry, keane, shearer, le tissier, giggs, scholes. fowler, owen, Berbatov, viera, Zola, Bergkamp.

****ing muck the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Voronin,O'shea,steven carr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Villain wrote: »
    Kuyt may not be scoring goals but his runs off the ball and work in creating chances for his strike partner is excellent.

FFS ! He's a STRIKER ! He doesn't get paid to run around, if thats his game then he should be playing in midfield. His primary MO is to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,130 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Alan Smith

how can you call yourself a striker when you literally never score

Aliadiere - what convinced Boro to buy him?? "well he looked good sitting on the bench for 6 years at Arsenal..."

Bramble - every deluded manager who buys him says "he'll be a great player if he can keep his concentration" - I think he has definitively proved at this stage that he cannot keep his concentration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sizzler wrote: »
    FFS ! He's a STRIKER ! He doesn't get paid to run around, if thats his game then he should be playing in midfield. His primary MO is to score.

Kuyt has been very excellent recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Jason Roberts
    Philippe Senderos
    Phil Bardsley
    Henrique Hilario
    Thomas Gravesen
    Peter Enckelman
    Andre Ooijer
    Sun Jihai
    Carlton Cole
    Anthony Gardner
    Michael Dawson
    Robert Huth
    Mido
    Titus Bramble
    Kevin Kilbane
    Marcus Bent
    Julius Aghahowa
    Stephen Carr
    Nicky Butt
    Alan Smith
    Ian Harte
    Michael Chopra
    Jlloyd Samuel
    Gavin McCann
    Diomansy Kamara
    Stephen Bywater
    Andy Griffin
    Darren Moore
    Hossam Ghaly
    Kenny Miller

Kuyt has been very excellent recently.

You know thats actually correct, in comparison to the previous 5 months of the season he has been excellent, because he actually scored against Barnsley & Inter. The facts remain though, hes muck on the whole. Certainly not good enough for Liverpool. He's playing with some very good players and still cant score, imagine how bad he would be in a poor team :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sizzler wrote: »
    You know thats actually correct, in comparison to the previous 5 months of the season he has been excellent, because he actually scored against Barnsley & Inter. The facts remain though, hes muck on the whole. Certainly not good enough for Liverpool. He's playing with some very good players and still cant score, imagine how bad he would be in a poor team :o.

but he's got a few assists recently and scored a couple as well. He's being played out of position too. He's not muck. He's certainly premiership standard. He was at times fantastic last season, especially in the CL, and i think he definitely has a future at the club. Not as first choice, but certainly as a squad player.

i think he definitely has a future at the club. Not as first choice, but certainly as a squad player.

If Stevie's range rover needs a valet maybe he can give Dirk a shout :D
    Torres must be wondering what if, if there was a decent player up top with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

He mightn't be everyone's cup o tae, but how Crouch can't get a game over the likes of Kuyt and Voronin is truly shocking.

Unlucky those two, he actually scores, with a decent strike rate and great spread of different types of goals.

He must really feel mugged off sitting on the bench, looking on to see a headless chicken like Kuyt run around, wondering to himself what Rafa sees in that clown.

Advertisement