Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti/Inverse belly button

Options
  • 10-02-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

does anyone on here know if it's true that an anti belly button (as in the opposite side of normal navel piercings) grows out after a few months? because i'm hoping to get it done tmorow, but one piercing place told me it'll grow out within 3 months, the other that it shouldn't grow out at all!

So I'm just a bit confused!! So any opinions are welcomed!!
    thanks!
    xxx

And just in case anyone is confused, this is what I mean!
    http://laurganism.com/wp-images/IMG_4430a.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Depends on a few things really, main thing is your anatomy. A good piercer will let you know whether you are suited or not, and on that note a good piercer is key to getting it done right (if you are suitable)

So if you are suited to the piercing cool, if not you're gonna have trouble keeping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

oh right thanks .. do you know any good, reliable places in dublin to get it done? I got my normal navel done in metalmorphisis.

in no particular order

V piercing in inkwell tattoo up by the four courts
    Snakebite just opposite arnotts
    Wildcat (celestial ring) in stephens green centre
    bodyshock in templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Well snakebite are wonderful piercers, and they will be able to tell you straight if you can get it done or not. I also reccommend wildcat, of course! Very good with customers! Good luck!

Right i reckon i could find most of them, except snakebite (I have no senses of direction at all, i get lost in trmple bar!) which arnotts is it or even where? because I will get lost haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Abbey st? Along the luas? Just opposite the back of arnotts there. 3rd floor. Beside traffic, i think...

54 Middle Abbey Street

Alright, sure i nkow abbey street pretty well, right thanks!! haha i reckon I'll find my way now!

Why am i gettin a feeling that this is going to be a journey and a half ha!

cos you are worrying where middle abbey street is! i dunno if theyre open sundays though...

No I'm going in tomorow, today is my research day (act is, also trying to organise a place to keep a pony haha) It's been a while since i got a new piercing, so I want to make sure I can go through with it first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

snakebite aren't open mondays either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ive had mine for over a years and no signs of growing out so far!

I got it done!!! yay!! it was alright, no real pain got it done in bodyshock and not a bother!! haha!!

I just fell way happier now!!

happy healing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

If the navel jewelley is bent a little more and customised to your shape you shouldn't have a problem, I've had mine for over 3 years now and it's never given me any problems, it's when you try and put a standard navel bar in that they tend to reject as there is pressure put on the jewelley from the navel. And also you have to stick with fairly plain jewellery in it as any picture bars or dangly things will obviously be upside down.

Haha sorry had to bump this, here's pictures of the piercing now! It's only about 6 weeks old and not a bother on it at all, it was way way beta than the first one too! Can't believe I was afraid to get it done!!

109344417a7016227026l.jpg

109344417a7016227254l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

very nice,dont let the pics go any lower than that!:o lol

Haha No fear they won't!!

woot well done

Haha No fear they won't!!
    good to hear that :p

• Advertisement

looks pretty awesome. would love to have the belly to pull that one off :D

looks pretty awesome. would love to have the belly to pull that one off :D
    my belly would need the largest belly bar for mine,i must give up the beer lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i wish mine looked that good!

My fella is hilarious with it, everytime he knocks against it hesall like "omg sorry, im soo sorry!" He's so paranoid that he'll rip it out, I've tried explaining to him that it's exactly like the other one .. but he's convinced that it' all out any min!

haha, my b/f hates my nape for that reason, he has to be extra gentle near it, and i can't sleep on his arm cos it irritates it too. he thinks i love my piercing more than him!

>.>

<.<

Haha ah the poor thing, nah mine has finally realised that it no longer hurts so isn't as careful (which can be bad as he likes tickling me) which is kind of a pity really .. don't have that excuse anymore, might be high time for another piercing haha!

Haha ah the poor thing, nah mine has finally realised that it no longer hurts so isn't as careful (which can be bad as he likes tickling me) which is kind of a pity really .. don't have that excuse anymore, might be high time for another piercing haha!
    wheres the next piercing.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

davey180 wrote: »
    wheres the next piercing.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not where you're thinking anyway haha Ive always wanted to get a madonna piercing ... might go for that, either that or tongue r something haha!

Not where you're thinking anyway haha Ive always wanted to get a madonna piercing ... might go for that, either that or tongue r something haha!
    i didnt know what is the madonna piercing is so this is it isnt it/
    idata.over-

• Advertisement

thats the one

Advertisement