Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Questions - Cleaning Grout and Scorch Marks on Storage Heater Cover

Options
  • 10-02-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

2 Projects I want to sort out.

The first is my storage heater cover (A White/cream Creda). I (stupidly) left clothes on it a few months ago and woke up to a few black scorch marks on the metal cover. Can I paint/clean this and if so with what? Or can I get a replacement cover?

Second question relates to grout. Bathroom is tiled but white grout is discoloured (black) in places. Is there a way of cleaning it? Or better still can I buy an electric grout polisher/cleaner?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Grout cleaning is a pain - a lot of elbow-grease required. Try use a stout toothbrush and some grout cleaner on it first. This will reduce the darkness of the mark. Then to prevent reoccurance, seal the cleaned and dry grout with a sealant.

Advertisement