Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar Residents

Options
  • 10-02-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭

I have to congratulate the residents of Ongar Village who held a demonstration yesterday (Sat 8th) against Manor Park Homes outside their new development Barnwell, situated next door to Ongar.

To give you some background as to why the Resident of Ongar Village were forced to take this step.Manor Park Home is the developer who built Ongar Village and who's directors control the three Management Comapanies in the Ongar area.

Who have failed to hold an AGM of any of the three management company in over four years, .

Who have failed in completing the Ongar Village amienities playing fields, parks etc as per planning conditions.

Who have failed to meet and have continuely cancelled meetings with local residents on many occasions.

Who have know threatened to sue the organiser's of a peacful and legimate protest.

Makes you think doesn't it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah Ongar that place when usually mentioned is often then followed with swearing about how that place and those who live there are responslible for the awful traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

For a so called moderator you come out with some complete and absolute rubbish.

Mods are only mods in the forums they mod they are just posters every where else.
    There are over 300 mods and you can't expect us to be clones so stop oppressing me.

This forum was created to build community among the posters who happen to live in D15 it was not created so that party hacks could use it as their soap box.

What was the point of that peaceful protest ?

I mean really surely they would be better off getting a solicitor as the management company are in breach of the regulations and have broken their contract with the residents.

So you are saying that the fact there are over 10,000 living units now up in Ongar plays no part what so ever in the traffic snarl up that D15 face every morning ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thaedydal wrote: »

I think that was made pretty clear. Sometimes using bad publicity is the best way to get problems resolved. It also gives those viewing show homes an idea of what they could be in for with their management company.

Fair play to those who attended that protest. Plenty of people sit on their arses and do nothing about these things, good to see people fighting to get what they are paying for. If I lived in Ongar and forked out fees to a management company that were not delivering, I'd be up there too.

Developers like that have been on easy street for over a decade now, raking the profits in from people who are forced to buy in places like that, and not delivering. Hope they're feeling the pinch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Well done ongar residents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This forum was created to build community among the posters who happen to live in D15 it was not created so that party hacks could use it as their soap box.

I mean really surely they would be better off getting a solicitor as the management company are in breach of the regulations and have broken their contract with the residents.

So you are saying that the fact there are over 10,000 living units now up in Ongar plays no part what so ever in the traffic snarl up that D15 face every morning ?

What's the point of any protest? PROTEST. That was a stupid question tbh. And why are you bringing this thread way off topic by bringing up traffic? Start your own thread for that pls kthx.

Pat, congrats on the protest. Someone knocked around asking my missus if we'd be interested in joining but we were just about to head out for the day so we couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Surely if their failing to hold AGM's then they're in breach of company law regulations. The Director of Corporate Enforcment is the man to get on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I was driving through Ongar on Saturday and saw quite a few people queuing, is it true they dropped 120K off the price of some of the houses?? looks like no matter how bad the management company is people are still willing to queue up and give them their money, if the price is right...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I was driving through Ongar on Saturday and saw quite a few people queuing, is it true they dropped 120K off the price of some of the houses?? looks like no matter how bad the management company is people are still willing to queue up and give them their money, if the price is right...

I saw the 4 beds advertised at - I think - €379,000 which is very cheap in relative terms. Certainly a good bit cheaper than the last 4 beds in Castlegrange were.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    For a so called moderator you come out with some complete and absolute rubbish.

Pat, Thaed's status as a mod has absolutely no bearing on what she posts here. She's an regular poster just like you are, and is bound by the same rules of the forum. If you're unhappy with a post, the little red triangle to your left is the "report post" button, please use it rather than attacking the poster.

Thaed, off topic and unhelpful posts will get you banned from this forum.
    Read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.
    Have a nice day
    Zaph

However, I do think the point raised by Thaed regarding extra traffic in the area coming from Ongar and other developments close by is a valid one and may merit further discussion, just not on this thread.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Thaed, off topic and unhelpful posts will get you banned from this forum.
    Read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.
    Have a nice day
    Zaph

You have just been aching to use that havn't you.
    I'll get you yet and your little dog too.

However, I do think the point raised by Thaed regarding extra traffic in the area coming from Ongar and other developments close by is a valid one and may merit further discussion, just not on this thread.

/shrug

can't help it for the last two years anytime i have heard ongar mentions it is invariably followed by complaints about traffic.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You have just been aching to use that havn't you.

Maybe...

can't help it for the last two years anytime i have heard ongar mentions it is invariably followed by complaints about traffic.

In fairness, traffic is an issue all around the area, not just from Ongar. I'm surprised there haven't been more threads about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

In fairness, traffic is an issue all around the area, not just from Ongar. I'm surprised there haven't been more threads about it.
    Due to resigned apathy maybe? We'll be flying to work on pigs before it gets sorted. At least when the M3 is built there'll be more Cavan and Meath traffic to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

My original post was to congratulate the residents of Ongar on their peaceful protest against their Management Company. Not to start a post on traffic congestion!

The Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement, is the public body to contact if your Management Company is not abiding by corporate best practices. Such as not holding AGM's, not furnishing residents with audited sets of accounts, failing to file returns etc.

In 2007, 60 plus mangement companies were investigated by this office. I believe that over 60% of the initial investigations were successful, with the remainding third still undergoing investigation.

However the vast majority of problems with Property Management Companies in Ireland. Is when these companies remain in the control of the developer and that the developer uses it as a way of extracting even more money for the owners of homes. This is due to the current lack of legislation governing Property Mangagement Companies. For example as long as a developer has just one unsold residential unit in a development. The deveolper can retain control of the Property Mangement Company, for basically forever and a day.

Management Property Companies, are there for the security of the home owners and not as an ATM for greedy developers. Run properly, a Management Property Company should be owned and run exclusively by the resdients for the residents, with absolutley no interference from developer's. But this seldom happen here, due a government which is heavly subsidised by the building industry and who will not speed up the introduction of legislation in this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Advertisement