Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUDI Direct Subsidary in IRELAND

Options
  • 10-02-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi, does anybody know when Audi are going to take over from the current importer in Ireland. I was looking at the new A4 on the Uk website and it has has far better spec that the Irish model. I know when BMW took over we then got the better UK spec cars.

Looking at the new A4, i think its way overpriced for what your getting...thats even before the new VRT changes.

Or maybe Audi will do nothing?...and try to cash in?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

It's suppossed to be September this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

October 1st is the date Volkswagen Group take direct control.

How do you make out a UK A4 has more standard equipment than an Irish A4. From what i can see its the complete opposite???

Standard A4 here has front centre armrest and chrome exterior that the standard uk A4 doesnt have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Didn't realise VWs/Skoads and Audis were still distributed by MDL.

I thought the changeover happened last month. I wonder will the prices of these cars drop when VAG takes over because another middleman that has to be paid will now be out of the way?

And will Seats continue to be distributed by OHM or will VAG take that over as welll(I realise that there hasn't be such a thing as VAG for about 10 years or maybe more, but VAG is a lot faster to write than Volkswagen Group even though Volkswagen Group is actually the correct name for VAG all the time;))?

Renault changed over last month though, I wonder what other manufacturers will change over? We now have Mazda(whose sales have soared in recent times, which is good as modern Mazda)s are great cars, BMW, Ford(well Ford have imported the cars themselves way before anyone else), Renault, and soon we will have VW, Audi and Skoda, I think Opel also do it themselves but I'm not sure.

Then all MDL will be left with is Merc in October, while other groups like the Gowan Group(Peugeot, Citroen) and the OHM group(Seat, anything from GM) and of course not forgetting Tim Mahony (Toyota and Lexus, and I think Daihatsu as well) as well as others still distributing, rather than the manufacturers doing it on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

E92 wrote: »
    Didn't realise VWs/Skoads and Audis were still distributed by MDL.

I thought the changeover happened last month. I wonder will the prices of these cars drop when VAG takes over because another middleman that has to be paid will now be out of the way?

And will Seats continue to be distributed by OHM or will VAG take that over as welll(I realise that there hasn't be such a thing as VAG for about 10 years or maybe more, but VAG is a lot faster to write than Volkswagen Group even though Volkswagen Group is actually the correct name for VAG all the time;))?

Renault changed over last month though, I wonder what other manufacturers will change over? We now have Mazda(whose sales have soared in recent times, which is good as modern Mazda)s are great cars, BMW, Ford(well Ford have imported the cars themselves way before anyone else), Renault, and soon we will have VW, Audi and Skoda, I think Opel also do it themselves but I'm not sure.

Then all MDL will be left with is Merc in October, while other groups like the Gowan Group(Peugeot, Citroen) and the OHM group(Seat, anything from GM) and of course not forgetting Tim Mahony (Toyota and Lexus, and I think Daihatsu as well) as well as others still distributing, rather than the manufacturers doing it on their own.

Mazda did realign alot of their prices last year after the takeover, but in fairness their sales were in the ditch which forced their hand. They are currently flying though.

Correct name for the new company will VWGI - Volkswagen Group Ireland Limited.

Not sure re Seat as i think ohm have distributor rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Why this trend?

Is Ireland such a cash cow for them - that they want to milk it as much as possible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

RedorDead wrote: »
    Mazda did realign alot of their prices last year after the takeover, but in fairness their sales were in the ditch which forced their hand. They are currently flying though.

Correct name for the new company will VWGI - Volkswagen Group Ireland Limited.

Not sure re Seat as i think ohm have distributor rights.

Sorry, I meant Volkswagen Group instead of VAG, as in the whole VW Group empire, not what's going on here.

OHM do indeed distribute Seats, but I'm wondering did Seat buy them out, like sister VW Group companies did with MDL?

I've noticed how well Mazda are doing, their market share has increased by more than 50% since they took over from MDL, for the month Jan 06 their market share was 2.02%, last month their market share was 3.38%, and for Jan 07 they had 2.75%, I'm delighted for them as it will inject some healthy competition into the market, I think their modern cars are great, and they seem to be finally getting their reward for producing good machines that will never go wrong either.

Advertisement