Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A bit confused

Options
  • 10-02-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

I currently have an expired 1st provisional that I want to renew and I also I want to get a motorcycle provisional. Now I know that I need to pass the motorcycle theory test and have applied to do it but what do I need to do in regards renewing my license? Do I need to make two seperate applications? one to renew the provisional to make it into a permit and then one for the motorcycle? or do I just apply to renew my provisional and include my theory test cert for the motorcycle and select it for a category that i wish to get a permit for as well as the car license?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Asok wrote: »
    I currently have an expired 1st provisional that I want to renew and I also I want to get a motorcycle provisional. Now I know that I need to pass the motorcycle theory test and have applied to do it but what do I need to do in regards renewing my license? Do I need to make two seperate applications? one to renew the provisional to make it into a permit and then one for the motorcycle? or do I just apply to renew my provisional and include my theory test cert for the motorcycle and select it for a category that i wish to get a permit for as well as the car license?

(You don't state which category the expired provisional was valid for so I'll have to assume it is for category B).

1. Apply for a A, A1, M theory test.

2. Apply for a 2nd category B Learner Permit.

3. If you pass the theory test go to your local Motor Tax Office and request that A1 and M are added to your Learner Permit.

The motorcycle categories will have a code "991" printed beside them to indicate a 1st Learner Permit in those categories.

Category B will have a "992" printed beside it to indicate that it is a 2nd Learner Permit in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah it was a category sorry I should have mentioned it. Thanks alot for the information I really appreciate it.
    Danny

Advertisement