Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AH Shocker: Morally Ambiguous Boardsies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Fwiw I thought Mairts stories were quite funny and inoffensive. The girl deserved to be called a slut because, at the end of the day, what kind of woman randomly offers a doorman a blowjob?
    Obviously had no respect for herself, so why should she be shown any?Particularly on a web forum where it's highly unlikely such a person would be visiting?A threat of a banning over such a thing is way OTT, and there's certainly no need for a feedback thread over it.

Dr.Bollocko, I think in such a case it's fair for one female to make such a sweeping statement. Dudess knows what it was like to be a 13 or 14 year old girl, and whilst at that age she was probably similar to the rest of the girls at that age. Sure enough times have changed since she was a 13 year old girl, but I'm sure things remain the same to some extent. The only reason a 13 year old girl would want to have sex is to be "cool"/"mature" or peer pressure. Why would they want a cock in them at that age? They probably haven't even figured out where their own clitoris is by then so would have no idea of what sexual pleasure is.

Just like I can make a sweeping statement along the lines of every hetro male at that age would like to stick it in some bird, not only "to be cool", but because they'd get pleasure out of it due to the fact that most guys that age have probably started masturbating and know how that feels like, so they hear sex is better and want to give it a go. I could be wrong in some cases (i.e the confused) but I'm sure it's fairly accurate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Again, I still think you are missing my point. It wasnt so long ago that 13 and 14 year old girls were considered of marrying age. For us to dictate to young people what age is the right age because of a recent social convention is kinda the blind leading the blind. I of course am not advocating underage sex and I understand your point about "in general" statements. But when I was 13 / 14 I figured out pretty quickly just quite how differently I viewed the world to my peers and I just really think that just because an immature mind makes mistakes, it doesnt mean that these mistakes are to be pontificated over by those whose experiences are accepted now as socially allowable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Basically what I am saying is all the beauty inherent in youth is the same beauty inherent in the youthful folly of spontanaiety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Mairt wrote: »
    BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

Had a funny one once in the toilets of a well known nightclub in Templebar ( I was a bouncer there) - I was in the cubicle getting a blow-job from some ol' slapper - I called the lads over the radio and gave them all a free look - now that was hilarious at the time, but I couldn't shoot my load with an audience and broke my heart laughing, poor yoke never knew what the joke was about.

Wow. Certainly living up to the misogynistic, knuckle-dragging bouncer idiot stereotype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Laslo wrote: »
    Wow. Certainly living up to the misogynistic, knuckle-dragging bouncer idiot stereotype.

Living up to it even more now, the 'MISOGYNISTIC' WHAT?. :confused:

I was caught after the act one time too, involves another BJ - a dark suit - & ultraviolat lights but hey, this party (the thread) was spoilt by the morality police so lets leave it be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

rb_ie wrote: »
    Fwiw I thought Mairts stories were quite funny and inoffensive. The girl deserved to be called a slut because, at the end of the day, what kind of woman randomly offers a doorman a blowjob?
    Obviously had no respect for herself, so why should she be shown any?Particularly on a web forum where it's highly unlikely such a person would be visiting?A threat of a banning over such a thing is way OTT, and there's certainly no need for a feedback thread over it.

I think you will find that Mairts was threatened with a banning over his offensive comment to me. Not his offensive original story.

What kind of man calls his mates over to the toilets where he is getting a blowjob? Takes two to ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What kind of man calls his mates over to the toilets where he is getting a blowjob?

A lucky one :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A lucky one :D

Or one who wants to make sure his friends know that at least HE can get a girl near him.

I often wonder what Ireland would be like had we had a good old fashioned proper war with conscription in recent years - a great clearing out of 'scummers' and diminishing of their breeding chances I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What kind of man calls his mates over to the toilets where he is getting a blowjob?

...one that doesn't get them alot :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The girl deserved to be called a slut because, at the end of the day, what kind of woman randomly offers a doorman a blowjob? Obviously had no respect for herself, so why should she be shown any?

I disagree. Women are able to have a liberal attitude to sex and still respect themselves.

You might think it is bad to perform a sexual act with a stranger, but not everyone feels that way.

We all have different values and morals.

What Mairt did was completely disrespectful (breaching the girls privacy) and
    (assuming Mairt is gay) simply a weird thing for a gay man to do.

There's a pathetic little boy on this thread. I don't want to get banned so I won't say who it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

spurious wrote: »
    I often wonder what Ireland would be like had we had a good old fashioned proper war with conscription in recent years - a great clearing out of 'scummers' and diminishing of their breeding chances I'm sure.

So you think only 'scummers' fight in wars...what a generalization.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There's a pathetic little boy on this thread. I don't want to get banned so I won't say who it is.

Then why did you post...?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Then why did you post...?

It was aimed at me. He's an angry person.

This post:
    Laslo wrote:

is a direct reponse to this post (directed at him) I made today:
    dublindude wrote:
    Disagreeing with someone is fine, but your posts are generally quite offensive.

His posts about Irish women are particularly unpleasant, so I'm assuming he is pissed off that I defended the girl Mairt degraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Thread title edited.
    Please untwist knickers.

Edit: brb. better idea.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Or one who wants to make sure his friends know that at least HE can get a girl near him.

So if conscription was to happen tomorrow, you wouldn't be called up?
    I know I wouldn't be conscripted, but only because I'm a mentalist.
    What's your excuse? Too posh for war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Already abusing the oul' power?
    Oh offensive comments are punishable. If you're cool about what Mairt said, fine. Anyone with a bit of sense however would be disgusted by it.
    You don't know the girl, and he didn't even mention a name, so she could well be a slapper (and judging by the story, she is).
    Oh but it was ok for Mairt to happily accept the blowjob from this "slapper". If she was so reprehensible then he should have kept it in his trousers. AND he was at work. But... he's a bloke, and it's sex, and it's "cool", and it makes him the big man, so it's ok! :rolleyes:
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! Weren't you the little individual when you were a teen :rolleyes: Unfortunately alot of -- dare I say most -- teenagers tend to go along with the crowd and try to fit in/be cool. That may involve smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, or yes, having sex. Not everyone was as mature as your good self.
    Meh, still not necessary to boast about it.
    Mairt wrote: »
    And don't.

Someone is losing sleep about this thread, the rest of us are not (you & I included).

The moral horse is a high one when one falls off.
    Mairt: STFU
    Obviously had no respect for herself, so why should she be shown any?
    You'd still shag her. And you still would have shagged those teenage girls who you knew sex was a big deal for. I mean, you say they're often not ready at such a young age, yet the teenage boys, who you reckon are ready, still have to shag someone. And it's not likely to be an older, experienced female.
    Bottom line: If some of you guys are gonna use a silly, vulnerable girl to stick it into, fine. But please don't call her a slut/slapper or say she's got no respect for herself, is degrading herself etc. I can't see how you're so much better than her if you still can't keep it in your pants for someone who is apparently so undesirable. That seems pretty degrading to me...
    No personal abuse please.
    I think you will find that Mairts was threatened with a banning over his offensive comment to me. Not his offensive original story.
    It was for both.

As for the throwing condoms thing: If someone's gonna use the private property of someone else - and a kids' tree-house of all things - AND leave condoms strewn around, while it may not be "cool" to criticise it, it's very much deserved. I'd like to see Mairt's, Quality's etc faces if they discovered someone was doing it in their kids' treehouses...

By the way, I'm not on my high horse, I have an OPINION. Just because it's at odds with a sheep mentality, doesn't mean it's any less valid.

And I presume spurious meant that anyone could have been conscripted but that would also include "scummers".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I had a feeling afterhours would of had the fun sucked out of it when you became a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The new title is funny though...

Davei141 wrote: »
    I had a feeling afterhours would of had the fun sucked out of it when you became a mod.

I think she's very fair and reasonable actually...

AH used to be a lot worse :)

• Advertisement

The "what petty crimes did you commit as a kid" thread:

"I used to go drinking with my mates in some neighbour's treehouse (don't know who he was) every so often and leave the cans strewn around".

Other posters: "You little scumbag" etc.

But it's ok to be obnoxious when it comes to sex because it's "cool"...

dublindude wrote: »
    I think she's very fair and reasonable actually...

AH used to be a lot worse :)

A threat of a ban over a story Because its "offensive" to her is crap. Everything on AH is offensive to somebody.

Actually, using a girl quite happily for sex/head then calling her a "slapper" is offensive to all women so if certain males continue to post sh1t like that, I'll continue to object to it.

A threat of a ban over a story Because its "offensive" to her is crap. Everything on AH is offensive to somebody.

I also think what Mairt did is offensive. Degrading someone is not funny.

I don't think he should be banned for saying such a thing, but his post was obviously going to upset some people, so really, he should have known better before posting.

He's also one of the "older" boards.ie users as far as I know.

Dudess wrote: »
    Actually, using a girl quite happily for sex/head then calling her a "slapper" is offensive to all women so if certain males continue to post sh1t like that, I'll continue to object to it.

Give me a break, how often you get a bunch of man hating fruitcakes going on about how all men are bastards they never get warned.

Yeah but they're not physically degrading the men. I have no problem with girls saying lots of men are **** (true) but I would have a problem with a group of women physically degrading a man and then calling him a wanker.

Yeah but they're not physically degrading the men. I have no problem with girls saying lots of men are **** (true) but I would have a problem with a group of women physically degrading a man and then calling him a wanker.

Physically degrading? You make it sound like he forced her to do anything

I find that men who regularly refer to or treat women in a degrading fashion are more likely to end up living with one of these so-called sluts.

Well he happily complied when she offered him a blowjob despite being so disgusted by her, then laughed at her/called her a slapper... oh, and let his mates watch it over a camera.

But it's ok, because he's "de MAAAAN" and she's just a "slapper"...

Can you really not see how that's offensive to women? And it's all too common, sadly it's not isolated to Mairt's post. The attitude is rife among certain males on Boards.

Physically degrading? You make it sound like he forced her to do anything

She didn't sign up for a sex show. Forcing someone to go through with that (and let's be clear, she had no choice in the matter so it was forced) is physically degrading.
    Terry wrote:
    I find that men who regularly refer to or treat women in a degrading fashion are more likely to end up living with one of these so-called sluts.

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

+1 I found his attitude very offensive and think it warrants a ban. If it weren't for Mairt being a "regular" I think that may have already happened.

But I'm sure you know he's reading or you wouldn't have posted a nasty dig like that.
    Don't use After Hours to make snide remarks directed at other posters. Be a grown-up about it (instead of a "little boy") and use the PM facility.

Well he happily complied when she offered him a blowjob despite being so disgusted by her, then laughed at her/called her a slapper... oh, and let his mates watch it over a camera.

But it's ok, because he's "de MAAAAN" and she's just a "slapper"...

Unfortunately for everyone that is society, there is double standards in all walks of life.
    Can you really not see how that's offensive to women? And it's all too common, sadly it's not isolated to Mairt's post. The attitude is rife among certain males on Boards.

Its offensive to her yeah, i still dont see how its offensive to you or women. I feel some people just like getting wound up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Terry wrote: »

+1. Some seem to forget the Golden Rule...

Unfortunately for everyone that is society, there is double standards in all walks of life.
    Oh so we just "put up with it" then?
    Its offensive to her yeah, i still dont see how its offensive to you or women. I feel some people just like getting wound up.
    Because it's representative of an attitude prevalent in wider society.

I think what Dudess might be offended about is that Mairt's behaviour is seen as acceptable by a lot of people. It's like women "deserve" to be treated badly if they're in any way a bit promiscuous.

What if the girl involved had a camera and took a picture of him as he was in that moment, and posted it to her friends? Like, its the same thing-its got nothing to do with sex-its public humiliation of the girl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ok, I've checked the charter and there's no mention of being offensive to non-users who are nothing but a generic person not identified in any way, so I'm not sure why Mairt would be at risk of a banning from that.

I normally don't agree with a lot of what he posts, but that's not the point.

Also I've reported the post from Dudess where she tells Mairt to STFU as it's abusive against a fellow poster which is covered in the charter.

Not to mention that

Threads on Sex or Sexuality
    - There is a seperate forum to discuss this now, this forum requires a subscription for access. Any threads on these topics will be locked on sight. Repeat offenders will be banned

which means this topic should have been locked and deleted immediately.

there will be impressionable 12-15 year olds readng this thread and thinking "well if everyone else thinks it's cool, I should be doing it as well"

I think what Dudess might be offended about is that Mairt's behaviour is seen as acceptable by a lot of people. It's like women "deserve" to be treated badly if they're in any way a bit promiscuous.

That is exactly why I for one, am offended. This kind of attitude should not be accepted or encouraged anywhere in society, even in a message board.
    What if the girl involved had a camera and took a picture of him as he was in that moment, and posted it to her friends? Like, its the same thing-its got nothing to do with sex-its public humiliation of the girl...

That would obviously be just as unacceptable.

• Advertisement

Ladies, provided you have somewhat normal morals (as I know Dudess does), then you should differentiate yourselves from women such as the one in the story and be able to laugh at them along with everyone else.

She is a slapper, plain and simple. As is any girl who goes and gives a bouncer a BJ probably ten minutes after meeting him. DublinDude, don't give me this "Different women have different moral values" bs, in society it's unacceptable to go around randomly sucking men off in toilets. It's prostitute behaviour and are prostitutes accepted members of our society?Hell no, should they be?Probably not.
    Some would simply view such a person (random blowjob giver) as a slapper, others in this country would take the attitude that they're a fcking slut and a disgrace to their family, not my attitude but I'm sure there's a lot who'd possess such one. Unless you are a prostitute or just hang around with a load of them/were brought up by them, then you're going to view such a person in a negative way.

Sure, what Mairt did was somewhat degrading, but the girl had already done 95% of the work involved in degrading herself in the first place. That's not to say what Mairt did was right, but the instead of abusing him on the matter, maybe you should look at what the woman did and think "Well, she did put herself in the position, maybe had she practised somewhat tighter morals, this type of thing wouldn't happen".
    If your daughter came home and said "Hey Dad, tonight I sucked off a bouncer in X club bathrooms, but I got free admission", even those with slightly looser morals wouldn't think "Oh, that's great honey, well done on saving a few quid", you'd be sick to your stomach at her behaviour.

As I said, to normal women with relatively normal moral values, you should completely differentiate yourself from them. They're not the same as you and you're nowhere near the same as them, so why take offense on their behalf? Or why take it as a dig at the female race as a whole? It's not, it's simply targetted at slappers who go down on their knees to random men in filthy cubicles in club bathrooms.

That is exactly why I for one, am offended. This kind of attitude should not be accepted or encouraged anywhere in society, even in a message board.

That would obviously be just as unacceptable.
    If some bird is happy to degrade herself by dropping to her knees to a randomer in a bathroom, who are we to stop people judging her?

This is not "being a bit promiscuous", this is being a complete slapper.

If you're the type to do this, by all means go for it, but be prepared to be judged in a negative way by people because 99% of the population would find it unacceptable.

She didn't sign up public humiliation. Anyway, if she was such a slapper, why was he with her then?

She is a slapper, plain and simple. As is any girl who goes and gives a bouncer a BJ probably ten minutes after meeting him.

Yes but doesn't that make what the bouncer did just as bad? Worse even since he proceeded to make an exhibition of her (unconsenting) and himself. Why is she judged more? It's the double standards that kill me.

But I'm sure you know he's reading or you wouldn't have posted a nasty dig like that.
    Don't use After Hours to make snide remarks directed at other posters. Be a grown-up about it (instead of a "little boy") and use the PM facility.

Pfffffft! This is a discussion board. The old mod status gone to your head a bit there? :rolleyes:

Yes but doesn't that make what the bouncer did just as bad? Worse even since he proceeded to make an exhibition of her (unconsenting) and himself. Why is she judged more? It's the double standards that kill me.
    Just as bad?No, not by a long shot. It just means Mairt has no standards whatsoever when it comes to women :D

Regarding showing the lads it, well yeah, it's bad but such a girl has put herself in a position to be laughed at, I'm sure had her mates seen it they'd have either laughed or been disgusted by her behaviour.

• Advertisement

Just as bad?No, not by a long shot.

Could you please explain why as I really cannot see much difference?

Pfffffft! This is a discussion board. The old mod status gone to your head a bit there? :rolleyes:
    Ok so. As a mod I'll say nothing at all - in case I risk accusations of it "going to my head". :rolleyes:

I made my point clear and simple. You don't use this forum to make thinly veiled snide remarks, instead you say it to the person straight out. Clearly you don't have the balls to do so.

And if you're going to question anything I've said as a mod, take it to Feedback/Helpdesk.

Could you please explain why as I really cannot see much difference?
    She met a guy working on a door, offered him a blowjob, then went into the dirty toilets and dropped to her knees and took a strangers knob in her mouth. He could have been carrying fcking anything, yet she still just dove in head first.

Ladies, provided you have somewhat normal morals (as I know Dudess does), then you should differentiate yourselves from women such as the one in the story and be able to laugh at them along with everyone else.

Laughing at someone else's misfortune? Nasty.
    She is a slapper, plain and simple.

In your opinion.
    As is any girl who goes and gives a bouncer a BJ probably ten minutes after meeting him.

I would agree it is not something I would want my daughter to do, but it's still a HARMLESS ACT she CHOSE to do. She should not be mistreated for that.
    DublinDude, don't give me this "Different women have different moral values" bs, in society it's unacceptable to go around randomly sucking men off in toilets.

No it's not. It's frowned on by people like you (which is the majority), but it's not "unacceptable".
    It's prostitute behaviour and are prostitutes accepted members of our society?Hell no, should they be?Probably not.

WTF.

How is it prostitute behavior? Was she paid to do it?

How are prostitutes not accepted members of our society? I know many prostitutes (as part of an old job I had) and they are completely accepted members of our society.

Did you know it's LEGAL to be a prostitute?

Why should prostitutes not be accepted members of society? That's a pretty vicious thing to say.
    Some would simply view such a person (random blowjob giver) as a slapper, others in this country would take the attitude that they're a fcking slut and a disgrace to their family, not my attitude but I'm sure there's a lot who'd possess such one. Unless you are a prostitute or just hang around with a load of them/were brought up by them, then you're going to view such a person in a negative way.

I personally think people should be allowed to do whatever they want, as long as it's not harming anyone.

How come you haven't pointed out how Mairt is being a "slapper" too?

Why is your anger just directed towards women?
    Sure, what Mairt did was somewhat degrading, but the girl had already done 95% of the work involved in degrading herself in the first place. That's not to say what Mairt did was right, but the instead of abusing him on the matter, maybe you should look at what the woman did and think "Well, she did put herself in the position, maybe had she practised somewhat tighter morals, this type of thing wouldn't happen".

I can't believe what I'm reading. She and Mairt chose to do a sex act together. Under your logic, she has already degraded herself and is 95% responsible for what Mairt then does. Mairt then secretly forces the girl to perform a sex show.

Somehow she's to blame?

*my head is spinning*
    If your daughter came home and said "Hey Dad, tonight I sucked off a bouncer in X club bathrooms, but I got free admission", even those with slightly looser morals wouldn't think "Oh, that's great honey, well done on saving a few quid", you'd be sick to your stomach at her behaviour.

You're suggesting the girl was a child. We don't know what age she was.

If a married daughter came to her parents house and said "Hey Dad, tonight I sucked off my husband in our garden", he would also be horrified.
    As I said, to normal women with relatively normal moral values, you should completely differentiate yourself from them. They're not the same as you and you're nowhere near the same as them, so why take offense on their behalf? Or why take it as a dig at the female race as a whole? It's not, it's simply targetted at slappers who go down on their knees to random men in filthy cubicles in club bathrooms.

It's because women deserve to be degraded in certain mens eyes. You just don't get it...

rb_ie wrote:
    She met a guy working on a door, offered him a blowjob, then went into the dirty toilets and dropped to her knees and took a strangers knob in her mouth. He could have been carrying fcking anything, yet she still just dove in head first.

Well, coversely, she too could have been carrying anything, and yet, he let her do it. Plus, you don't know whether she instigated it or him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement