Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH getting too strict

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Boston wrote: »
    I find you offensive.

Same here. If I had my way you'd be site banned a long time ago. Unfortunately I don't and it's up to the mods/admins. :(

You seem like a stuck up little p***k though! :mad:

BTW this was directed at estebancannabis, just so you don't think i'm dissin' you Boston. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think its about time something was done about the amount of misogynistic crap thats posted in after hours.
    There are some really terrible attitudes towards women and sex from some of the posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The problem is generally with Irish women.

If a Polish girl gave a lad a blowjob in the toilets after 10 minutes, she'd probably be considered deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

fits wrote: »
    I think its about time something was done about the amount of misogynistic crap thats posted in after hours.
    There are some really terrible attitudes towards women and sex from some of the posters.
    I'm trying to do something about this by highlighting it, but apparently I'm on my moral high horse etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Same here. If I had my way you'd be site banned a long time ago. Unfortunately I don't and it's up to the mods/admins. :(

You seem like a stuck up little p***k though! :mad:

BTW this was directed at estebancannabis, just so you don't think i'm dissin' you Boston. :)

I'm not stuck up at all. Also, I don't know you. I find being called a prick far more offensive than any generic comments I made.

Also I could have been site banned along time ago, frankly since September I have done nothing which even warrants a ban.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm trying to do something about this by highlighting it, but apparently I'm on my moral high horse etc...

I know you are. Its not going to be popular but you're in the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

She aint right. Young girls this, cosmo the other, she is crazy. The bra burning is done and dusted each person earns respect on merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Should have chosen your battles more carefully, defending the honour of someone who has no self respect was always going to be a loosing battle.

estebancambias: Grown ups are talking, time for bed time.

You just spend most of your days gleefully pouncing on people to bitch at on Feedback don't you? You're no different to esteban really.
    Are you in a terribly unhappy place that you feel you must make yourself feel better by posting snide remarks at people ALL THE TIME?
    Jackz wrote: »
    She aint right. Young girls this, cosmo the other, she is crazy. The bra burning is done and dusted each person earns respect on merit.
    Jackz, read through my posts before calling me crazy. There is certain crap that's just accepted. No harm in trying to deconstruct what's perceived as the norm.

Getting personal now I see. I'm sorry, your right you're the victim here, in fact everyone is the victim, now we're all happy.

You're on a moral high horse, pointing the finger at other people telling them how they should treat others, and its not the first time.

• Advertisement

In this particular case, I believe she is in the right. This is nothing to do with bra burning, its to do with antiquated attitudes towards women (from some) in after hours.
    I personally am sick of the 'all women are bitcthes', 'irish women are stuck up', 'irish women are too slutty/ugly/frigid', 'foreign women are better', 'girls who have sex drives are sluts' threads.... and a lot of people actually seem to believe what they are posting.

Boston, I have an opinion - we all have. It's rich that you take exception to me getting personal. I wasn't saying I'm a victim either - more that certain posters are too pigheaded to admit certain stuff they do is inconsiderate to others so they twist things in order to make it look like I'm the ogre.
    fits: What's really disappointing is how these attitudes contradict each other. I'm probably considered a prude now because I don't consider it right for 13-year-olds to be shagging in a playground, but I actually have a very liberal attitude to sex and do what the fukk I want as long as it doesn't infringe on others (I'm an adult though) so the same people would probably consider me a slut in a different thread...

Boston, I have an opinion - we all have. It's rich that you take exception to me getting personal.

How so? Have I got personal with you, have I insinuated anything about your personal life or the manner in which you conduct yourself on the site, no. Why is it you feel its ok for you to do so with me. This issue is obviously personal to you, as I see no other reason why you would bring up your sexual nature.

Try being semi unbiased and objective.

I mean it's rich because I've seen you get personal with other users. Constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mairt wrote: »
    Now the thread doesn't bother me, neither do Dudess's comments. I

But suggesting that I forcefully done anything physical to a girl is something I take extrem exception to and I'd appricate you either clearing that up or retracting the statement.

Personally I think some people chose to take offence in that thread, and yes Dudess did and I think that clouded her judgement as a Mod. It wasn't only me she turned on, other's got it too (disposing of condom's and respecting other people's property).

The threads IMO should be locked or deleted, too many people are going to fall out with each other. Its not worth it guys.

IF the girl was did not give informed consent and was not given the option of doing so and was not made aware of other people viewing until it was too late then yes I would think that she and her right to refuse and her right to privacy during a sexual act were violated and that was a nasty stunt to pull on any one.

To me the gender of the people involved does not matter, it could have been a guy blowing a guy or a guy giving oral to a girl and then had the persons friends arrive to have a look, lack of informed consent is wrong end of it shows lack of consideration and respect.

I mean it's rich because I've seen you get personal with other users. Constantly.

I fail to see how that entitles you to get personal with me. If I'm wrong you're also wrong. Either way I've demonstrated a level of respect towards yourself which you have not returned.

Fair enough. I apologise.

accepted.

Yep there is, I think a lot of is a reaction to the post girl powar ladette shíte in the late 90s and a lot of angry young men out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i love sociology.:)

tbh i saw much worse things in the Bective when I was 16.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In this particular case, I believe she is in the right. This is nothing to do with bra burning, its to do with antiquated attitudes towards women (from some) in after hours.
    I personally am sick of the 'all women are bitcthes', 'irish women are stuck up', 'irish women are too slutty/ugly/frigid', 'foreign women are better', 'girls who have sex drives are sluts' threads.... and a lot of people actually seem to believe what they are posting.

There was also a thread about how irish men are crap compared to foreign men. It had the "Irish men are fat", "irish men drink too much" "Foreign guys dress better and take care of themselves".

Also this is after hours you are talking about. The place where polish people are eating swans, all Roma's are thieves, all irish men are pigs, all irish women are prudes, all irish women are dirty whores who throw themselves at any man they see and hundreds of other negative sweeping generalisations. If it was just negative stuff against women then I'd see where you are coming from but it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Jeez you forgot, Nigerians are theives, asylum seekers who take advantage of situations, are driving all the taxi's these days and can't speak english
    Americans are stupid
    Brits need to cop on that we are better than them
    Priests are mostly pervs

It's AH, we tolerate a lot of stuff there.... not anymore!

There was also a thread about how irish men are crap compared to foreign men. It had the "Irish men are fat", "irish men drink too much" "Foreign guys dress better and take care of themselves".

Yes but for every 1 thread giving out that all men are ****/ all irish men are ****
    there are at least 7 threads giving out that irish women are [insert insult of choice here] I know part of that is due to the fact there are more XY posters on boards they XX but while XX are in the minority of the posters is it going to feel hard to be a part of a place where it seems you are not wanted due to such threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thaedydal wrote: »
    is it going to feel hard to be a part of a place where it seems you are not wanted due to such threads.
    Hugs Thaed. :o

And can I have a hug too? Cos I think I'm kinda becoming the new Thaed... :o

Yes but for every 1 thread giving out that all men are ****/ all irish men are ****
    there are at least 7 threads giving out that irish women are [insert insult of choice here] I know part of that is due to the fact there are more XY posters on boards they XX but while XX are in the minority of the posters is it going to feel hard to be a part of a place where it seems you are not wanted due to such threads.
    Something else i have noticed, most AH posters are men and i would say they have low self esteem and like foreign docile girls(This is a GENERAL assumption). Most Irish females are strong and opinionated and these men can't stand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

grow some balls.

Well I have never seen a thread like that, and if I did I wouldnt participate in that crap either.
    Also this is after hours you are talking about. The place where polish people are eating swans, all Roma's are thieves, all irish men are pigs, all irish women are prudes, all irish women are dirty whores who throw themselves at any man they see and hundreds of other negative sweeping generalisations. If it was just negative stuff against women then I'd see where you are coming from but it's not.

Yes but is that ok? I personally dont think it is. The constant dissing of 'knackers' and 'scumbags' bothers me too. I'm not for a moment suggesting that after hours should be the bastion of pc, a lot of the *insert bashing of choice* can be ok if done with humour. Not everything has to be serious. Also Mairt is the straw that broke the camels back, he is far from the first or worst.

grow some balls.
    Dude that's not nice!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

And can I have a hug too? Cos I think I'm kinda becoming the new Thaed... :o
    Of course... com'ere

Advertisement