Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH getting too strict

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hagar wrote: »
    Hugs Thaed. :o

Ha any chance for you feel me up even vitually ;)

I am a bitch and such things don't effect me hugely, for the most part I will at most groan, maybe roll my eyes and think wow what fúcktards when I see such post but I don't let them impact on me or see the point of telling fúcktards that they are being fúcktards.

But with the increased numbers of XX posters and the shift in the demagraphics of this place it's just not a boys club any more and just cos some of the XX posters have been one of the boys that does not mean all of the XX posters are.
    Dudess wrote: »
    And can I have a hug too? Cos I think I'm kinda becoming the new Thaed... :o

LMAO lady you have you idea what a curse that would be if it were true I can understand how the notion of it happening even slightly is upsetting you.
    Jackz wrote: »
    grow some balls.

No thanks I am rather fond of my cúnt and even if I was in the mood to put on the strap on I would not be granting you the joy of sucking even those balls never mind my cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Jaysus your randy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I love it when she talks dirty... ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Thaedydal wrote: »
    No thanks I am rather fond of my cúnt and even if I was in the mood to put on the strap on I would not be granting you the joy of sucking even those balls never mind my cock.

Burn.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

fits wrote: »
    Well I have never seen a thread like that, and if I did I wouldnt participate in that crap either.

I'm just trying to show that it's not just aimed at women and has little to do with antiquated views of women and more to do with people wanting to have a little rant.

fits wrote: »
    Yes but is that ok? I personally dont think it is. The constant dissing of 'knackers' and 'scumbags' bothers me too. I'm not for a moment suggesting that after hours should be the bastion of pc, a lot of the *insert bashing of choice* can be ok if done with humour. Not everything has to be serious. Also Mairt is the straw that broke the camels back, he is far from the first or worst.

It's just people having a rant. Should we stop people dissing people who spend ages at an atm or in the queue at tesco?

• Advertisement

I'm just trying to show that it's not just aimed at women and has little to do with antiquated views of women and more to do with people wanting to have a little rant.

More like a lot of XY posters having many rants that run into at least 30 pages with 40 posts per page and on at least a bi weekly bases.

It's just people having a rant. Should we stop people dissing people who spend ages at an atm or in the queue at tesco?

Right so, how about creating 3 mega threads.
    1) all men a bastard thread,
    2) all women are bitches thread
    3) what grinds my gears thread.

That way it will not seem that AH has persistantly threads having a go at either gender.

Jackz wrote: »
    Jaysus your randy.

I promise you will never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Megamerge to...

Emo Victor Meldrew hates everything and everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Very true, people are being banned and cautioned for comments.
    Are we turning AH into PI?????
    No.
    Just follow the rules and you'll be grand.

You got it the wrong way round: scumbags are generally poor. And you KNOW what you said was offensive and trollish, there's no way you can argue it wasn't.
    I disagree, but that's really an AH thread I've been meaning to start for a couple of days now.

Iago wrote: »
    Threads on Sex or Sexuality
    - There is a seperate forum to discuss this now, this forum requires a subscription for access. Any threads on these topics will be locked on sight. Repeat offenders will be banned

I've posted this on the thread in question in AH. In my opinion
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055233712

and possibly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234191

should both be locked and deleted from the after hours forum. As a public forum it's open to being viewed by younger viewers and users of boards, and the whole point of the above element of the charter was to prevent this.
    The threads are fine where they are.
    They are not really explicit and are no worse than the **** of pooping threads that regularly crop up.

If someone is using Boards, I very much doubt they could find it offensive to be honest. My logic is you could walk through my area without being hassled, you walk through the working-class estate next to mine and there is a good chance someone will start on you.
    Well if your attitude towards working class people in real life is anything like your attitude here, then I'm not surprised people start on you.

annie19 wrote: »
    Hry, who decides what is not acceptable??? i got banned for saying somethig general about teachers!!!!!!:rolleyes:
    Link?

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Jeez you forgot, Nigerians are theives, asylum seekers who take advantage of situations, are driving all the taxi's these days and can't speak english
    Americans are stupid
    Brits need to cop on that we are better than them
    Priests are mostly pervs

It's AH, we tolerate a lot of stuff there.... not anymore!
    You can say that after three months?

More like a lot of XY posters having many rants that run into at least 30 pages with 40 posts per page and on at least a bi weekly bases.
    That's a bit of an exaggeration.

Right so, how about creating 3 mega threads.

That way it will not seem that AH has persistantly threads having a go at either gender.
    Personally, I don't really want to have to manage one mega thread, let alone three, but feel free to start those threads should the mood take you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I promise you will never know.

It's cool sweet cheeks I don't think you are my type.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So let me get this straight you are complaining about all the negative sweeping generalisations about women yet you just make a negative sweeping generalisation about men. A tad hypocritical don't you think?

I'm sure a lot of the posters on the rant threads are women.

I don't read after hours as much as I use to during the summer but I haven't noticed after hours to be filled with threads bashing a certain gender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Terry wrote: »
    I disagree, but that's really an AH thread I've been meaning to start for a couple of days now.
    Would you not agree that, while of course scumbags can come from all walks of life, the majority are gonna come from disadvantaged areas? Not a PC thing to say maybe, but hardly untrue?
    And of course most people from disadvantaged areas are decent non-scummy people, it's just the minority scumbags who get noticed.
    Or should we leave this until you start that thread? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

No.
    Just follow the rules and you'll be grand.

I haven't been banned yet so thats fine:)
    You can say that after three months?

Yes, AH is getting predictable these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

In fairness Thaedydals needlessly graphic comment about 9 year old girls and, well, Im not even going into it, was alot more disgusting than anything Mairt posted. Maybe im confusing it with something else but Im reasonably certain she made some distasteful comment a few months ago on a thread debating the (at the time) sudden spike in deaths among athletes from sudden adult death syndrome.

But thats all ok of course. She is a mod. Of many years. And of some left of field forums of questionable merit. Who probably attends these boards beer yokes and therefore has a free pass.

Saying all that Dudess seems to be one of the fairer mods AH has had and Ive seen nothing truly objectionable from her as of yet. When you compare it to some of the failed bouncers who reigned there before its quite a welcome change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

First off i think Dudess and Terry do a great job. However Dudess has a problem with some peoples attitudes to sex. Thats OK but it infiltrates most threads based around sex. I think Dudess needs to take a step back sometimes. You cannot force your morality on AH posters. OK force is too strong word but.....

I don't think she is "uncool" quit the opposite actually ;) but sometimes i think Dudess has let these things influence theses threads.

On the whole though Dudess rocks but seriously sometimes its best to know when you need to step back.

Sorry if i offended anyone. Wasn't my intention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

People from working class areas will tend to be more hostile, I think this is obvious. They are products of their homes where there is no respect and no morals.

People from working class areas will tend to be more hostile, I think this is obvious. They are products of their homes where there is no respect and no morals.

Do you really believe that? Because if you do you need to seriously re-evaluate your attitude dude.

I don't read after hours as much as I use to during the summer but I haven't noticed after hours to be filled with threads bashing a certain gender

You may not have but you have seen a few XX posters say in this thread that they have noticed it and it has bothered them and XX posters have said on other forums as well.

Check the statistics, if there are any, there is a reason why the majority of people in MountJoy are from disadvantaged areas.

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    In fairness Thaedydals needlessly graphic comment about 9 year old girls and, well, Im not even going into it, was alot more disgusting than anything Mairt posted.

You found my mentioning the statics showing how female development has changed over the years to that some girls get their periods at 9 now instead of 12 to be disgusting ? You're weird.
    But thats all ok of course. She is a mod. Of many years. And of some left of field forums of questionable merit. Who probably attends these boards beer yokes and therefore has a free pass.

Oh noes you mean you don't like me ? :eek:

As with any other poster if you have an issue with any of my posts report them.
    Saying all that Dudess seems to be one of the fairer mods AH has had and Ive seen nothing truly objectionable from her as of yet. When you compare it to some of the failed bouncers who reigned there before its quite a welcome change.

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

Check the statistics, if there are any, there is a reason why the majority of people in MountJoy are from disadvantaged areas.

oh go away please...

You may not have but you have seen a few XX posters say in this thread that they have noticed it and it has bothered them and XX posters have said on other forums as well.

Yes but I seriously doubt that these threads are happening as frequently and as much as you seem to think they are.

Reported. You just couldn't hold it in could ya?
    togster wrote: »
    First off i think Dudess and Terry do a great job. However Dudess has a problem with some peoples attitudes to sex. Thats OK but it infiltrates most threads based around sex. I think Dudess needs to take a step back sometimes. You cannot force your morality on AH posters. OK force is too strong word but.....
    Thanks togster and Gopher. Togster, I don't think sex is a moral issue whatsoever - that's what the catholic church says, an institution with which I have a LOT of issues. The repression of people's sexuality by that and crazy evangelical churches in the US among others sickens me to the point where I cannot articulate it (and that is unusual for me :)).
    However I do think, from the perspective of being a female who hasn't been a teenager in a LONG time, there is a lot of sexual behaviour which isn't good and which people feel they should comply with in order to fit in with their peers. There is a lot of dismissal of females too. And I think certain AH posters ranting about their conquests at 15 or whatever in a very misogynistic fashion just contributes to the reinforcement of that. Sex is the business - I fuppin' love it! But I don't agree with the unhealthy attitude to it that is prevalent among some very young kids - I think this is only another form of sexual repression.

there is a reason why the majority of people in MountJoy are from disadvantaged areas.

There is also a reason why most trolls are tards. But i won't get into that right now.

fits I expect a reply, do you object to my statement? Do you think crime is higher in middle class/ upper class areas?

Reported. You just couldn't hold it in could ya?

Thanks togster and Gopher. Togster, I don't think sex is a moral issue whatsoever - that's what the catholic church says, an institution with which I have a LOT of issues. The repression of people's sexuality by that and crazy evangelical churches in the US among others sickens me to the point where I cannot articulate it (and that is unusual for me :)).
    However I do think, from the perspective of being a female who hasn't been a teenager in a LONG time, there is a lot of sexual behaviour which isn't good and which people feel they should comply with in order to fit in with their peers. There is a lot of dismissal of females too. And I think certain AH posters ranting about their conquests at 15 or whatever in a very misogynistic fashion just contributes to the reinforcement of that. Sex is the business - I fuppin' love it! But I don't agree with the unhealthy attitude to it that is prevalent among some very young kids - I think this is only another form of sexual repression.

Why don't I get a thanks, I clearly said the mods do a good job.

Yes but I seriously doubt that these threads are happening as frequently and as much as you seem to think they are.

Ok then go and do a search and see.

Quite the backpedalling sh1te. You said there is no respect or morals in working class homes - you didn't say SOME working class homes.

I never said in all homes there is no morals or respect, when did I say this? Did you report me for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

fits I expect a reply, do you object to my statement? Do you think crime is higher in middle class/ upper class areas?

you can expect all you like ;)

Advertisement