Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH getting too strict

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Dudess wrote: »
    Reported. You just couldn't hold it in could ya?

Thanks togster and Gopher. Togster, I don't think sex is a moral issue whatsoever - that's what the catholic church says, an institution with which I have a LOT of issues. The repression of people's sexuality by that and crazy evangelical churches in the US among others sickens me to the point where I cannot articulate it (and that is unusual for me :)).
    However I do think, from the perspective of being a female who hasn't been a teenager in a LONG time, there is a lot of sexual behaviour which isn't good and which people feel they should comply with in order to fit in with their peers. There is a lot of dismissal of females too. And I think certain AH posters ranting about their conquests at 15 or whatever in a very misogynistic fashion just contributes to the reinforcement of that. Sex is the business - I fuppin' love it! But I don't agree with the unhealthy attitude to it that is prevalent among some very young kids - I think this is only another form of sexual repression.

Dudess i totally agree with you. 100%. However...... I don't think its your cross to bear. You will not change these peoples attitudes. I don't know.... Its a tough one. But do you think an AH mod should be the crusader of under-age girls rights? Maybe.... Maybe not

WTF do i know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

People from working class areas will tend to be more hostile, I think this is obvious. They are products of their homes where there is no respect and no morals.

Are you usually a colossal idiot or did you just start today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Can someone explain to me clearly, why crime is higher in working class areas.

Can someone explain to me why there is gang wars in 'disadvantaged' areas and not Clontarf, Donnybrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I never said in all homes there is no morals or respect, when did I say this? Did you report me for this?

I think what this guy is trying to say is criminals (the type in Mountjoy rather than the ones who get away with things) are more likely to be from a working class area. This is fair enough. But I really really think this thread has enough raw emotions already without adding a working class v middle class tangent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Can someone explain to me why there is gang wars in 'disadvantaged' areas and not Clontarf, Donnybrook.
    This isn't the forum for that, but feel free to knock yourself out here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cos I don't want to get blood all over my new ugg boots, loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Jeez dude, lucky you to be from a "privileged family" but then don't start an argument... about how they live, for some it's not their fault!
    Now i see why no one likes you, you just are so STUCK up

When you start making your own money (not your parent's handouts) then you can post about less fortunate people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You found my mentioning the statics showing how female development has changed over the years to that some girls get their periods at 9 now instead of 12 to be disgusting ? You're weird

No. However I think the terms "bleeding crotch" and "nine year old girl" are a rather weird thing to needlessly say.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You're weird

You mod the Paganism forum.

You seem to celebrate Halloween like the general public celebrate Christmas.

You allow people on Parenting to discuss eating placenta as part of an alternative baptism (or something), and even partake in the discussion.

Right now the pot is checking his voicemail. His mate The Kettle left a message accusing him of being black......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

fits I expect a reply, do you object to my statement? Do you think crime is higher in middle class/ upper class areas?

You realise that a far higher percentage of Gardi, prison officers, college students, ect ect ect are from working class backgrounds? Working class people are the majority, if they are all scum then we are a nation of scum.

Btw I'm from a working class background, I'm currently working on my PhD at Trinity College Dublin. When you've achieved something in your life or contributed in some way, I'll listen to you. Unless then I'll view you as a child.

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Jeez dude, lucky you to be from a "privileged family" but then don't start an argument... about how they live, for some it's not their fault!
    Now i see why no one likes you, you just are so STUCK up

When you start making your own money (not your parent's handouts) then you can post about less fortunate people

My dad is a taxi driver and my mum gets up at 5 am in the morning 5 days a week to live in a 3 bedroom average home, I am hardly Prince Akeem.

I agree its not their fault they are products of their environment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    No. However I think the terms "bleeding crotch" and "nine year old girl" are a rather weird thing to needlessly say.
    Well it may not sound nice, but that IS a way of describing it.

Taxi Driver yea say... Another reason to hate....

Boston wrote: »
    You realise that a far higher percentage of Gardi, prison officers, college students, ect ect ect are from working class backgrounds? Working class people are the majority, if they are all scum then we are a nation of scum.

Btw I'm from a working class background, I'm currently working on my PhD at Trinity College Dublin. When you've achieved something in your life or contributed in some way, I'll listen to you. Unless then I'll view you as a child.

When you say working class, what do you mean? Do you come from council housing?

Well it may not sound nice, but that IS a way of describing it.

Indeed it is.

When Im with the bird, grandmother, mam, female work colleagues or anyone in authority, I might say "Im just headin to the jacks"

If Im havin a few cans with the lads Ill come back and probably announce Ive damaged the toilet beyond repair with the dump I took.

Same difference. Kind of like the way I could care less if my mate says "Im headin for a sh1te" whereas if its a girl Id sooner she just said Ill be back in a sec, I dont want to think about it. The same way anyone in their right minds doesnt want to be graphically told about 9 year old girls and periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You allow people on Parenting to discuss eating placenta as part of an alternative baptism (or something), and even partake in the discussion.

Right now the pot is checking his voicemail. His mate The Kettle left a message accusing him of being black......

And even as left of center as I may be I may be I still find you weird.

When you say working class, what do you mean? Do you come from council housing?

When you talk about gang wars you've read about, they actually happen where I live. Thats what I mean. You seem to have an odd view if you think working class means council housing, you can have a job and be working class foke.

Yeah like you can be a manager of Spar......;)

Nothing wrong with that line of work, its a living. For someone whose dad is a taxi driver yer abit full of yourself.

Boston wrote: »
    When you talk about gang wars you've read about, they actually happen where I live. Thats what I mean. You seem to have an odd view if you think working class means council housing, you can have a job and be working class foke.

Does it not? What is working class I ask you?

Is a taxi man traditionally working class?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You're saying that all scumbags are from poor areas. I'd grant you that most are, but definitely not ALL. And you're also implying that if you grow up in a ****hole estate you're gonna become a scumbag. A very ignorant thing to say - I worked in Cork City Council housing department. The majority of the people in Cork's worst estates were decent people minding their own business. A tiny minority - and the same people over and over - were causing all the trouble and giving the entire estate a bad name.

Oh yeah and you said that poor homes lack morals etc. Well so do some middle-class homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Admittedly I skimmed through much of this thread but ,um, WTF has this got to do with the original topic?

OP: Don't be an ass - cite more examples. True AH style Feedback thread - an absurd generalisation based on next to nothing... B+ only. Still, good work from a Nov 2007 re-reg? ;)

As for the general "YARLY! THEY BANNED ME FOR HAVING BLONDE HAIR!!!1!" - shut up or put up (Politely translates as: go start another thread and we can discuss what you did and why you were banned. Rest assured, if you're just wasting more of our time... it'll be one of your last opportunities.)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Why exactly is that weird? It's an alternative religious beleif to catholicism. Calling Thaed weird for celebrating Halloween like the 'general public' celebrate Christmas is like going up to a Muslim and calling them weird for celebrating Ead (sp) like the 'general public' celebrate Christmas.

You're saying that all scumbags are from poor areas. I'd grant you that most are, but definitely not ALL. And you're also implying that if you grow up in a ****hole estate you're gonna become a scumbag. A very ignorant thing to say - I worked in Cork City Council housing department. The majority of the people in Cork's worst estates were decent people minding their own business. A tiny minority - and the same people over and over - were causing all the trouble and giving the entire estate a bad name.

Oh yeah and you said that poor homes lack morals etc. Well so do some middle-class homes.

I was in a secondary school last week, which was in a pretty poor area, but damn some of the people were cool; had a bit of banter which was great.

I don't think if you grow up in a crap area you will become a scumbag....look at the players on the Irish national team, how many of them came from middle/upper class? Not many.

I played football with people from some the worst areas of Dublin, they were brilliant, I only wish I could have kept up contact.

I am not talking about 20 + year olds here anyway. Its the 13-18 year old I have a problem with.

Of course middle class homes lack morals!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

em,and whats wrong with any of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Would you not agree that, while of course scumbags can come from all walks of life, the majority are gonna come from disadvantaged areas? Not a PC thing to say maybe, but hardly untrue?
    And of course most people from disadvantaged areas are decent non-scummy people, it's just the minority scumbags who get noticed.
    Or should we leave this until you start that thread? :)
    Leave it until I start that thread.
    Some time around May of next year at this rate.

People from working class areas will tend to be more hostile, I think this is obvious. They are products of their homes where there is no respect and no morals.
    It's that sort of trolling that got you banned permanently from AH.

You lost the right to this sort of AH type debate when you were banned.

Perhaps I did, but I notice that not one person has responded to my two questions.

Do you think I have a vendetta against the working class of Dublin?

I think you hate yourself, yes.

nerin wrote: »
    em,and whats wrong with any of that?

I dunno, maybe you enjoy eating bodily waste.

Something I wish I hadnt read is that women giving birth often drop one during it.

Hey, its a part of the miracle of childbirth. Lets eat :eek: :eek:

Although unreligious, I can respect the beliefs of any of the major religions as long as they are not extremist, sectarian or pushing their opinion on me.

However I regard the activities of the Paganism crowd as somewhere between Scientology and Creationist Nazism, with a bit of oul Fred Phelps thrown in (minus the hate. Just the utterly insane part)

• Advertisement

Your definition of working class is the American analogy of the term.

Advertisement