Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shavings price

• 10-02-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

What is everyone paying for shavings? Have noticed a lot of people seem to be moaning about the price.

I actually use straw so its just out of intrest really:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The shavings has got expensive alright. Last year a 27-28 kg bag was €5 but now they are about 10 kg lighter and €1 more expensive, thats off a sawmills close to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

Thats not too bad. Some people are paying 11.50 a bale:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Construction industry in in decline which resluts in high shavings price.

:eek: so thats whats causing it. Was wondering why. Makes sense though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

mine currently are about 9.50 each...but ive heard of ones being for sale for 13euro. plus there alot smaller then last years when they were only 7 euro each :mad:
    mine used to be all labeled irish shaving but ive noticed recently that theyve started to be imported from canada...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

Shavings are in demand for use as biofuel nowadays. They wont be getting any cheaper for the foreseeable future.

so you will need a morgage to buy shavings soon:D

Advertisement