Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying very hard but can't (help)

• 10-02-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I gave up somiking cold turkey four years ago not a bother on me but went back smoking three years ago. I have been trying to give up recently but can't. Have tried the patches but i still get cravings on them. Have tried the gum and again that didn't help. I've cut down recently but still can't give up.

Is there any website i can upload a photo of my face and age it 10 and 20 years time if i continue smoking. i think this will help me a lot. a long with other methods and avoiding coffee. Have seen another post here with draphic pictures and that didn't sicken me enough. I really need to see my face all ugly from smoking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bibbly

Hi,

During college i used to smoke like a trooper and certainly didn't care that they were bad for you.

Then someone in my class gave me the book by Allen Carr book "how to quit smoking permanently" I thought it would be a load of crap, but i gave it a go, and after reading this book, i just stopped.

That was about 4 years ago, don't wanna sound like im advertising the book, but it worked for me.

Just read it carefully and slowly and fully understand each chapter, if there is one you don't get, re-read it.

And you can smoke like normal when your reading it so its not hard or anything, and then towards the end you will just quit.

I wouldn't waste your time with shock tactics or substitutes, just read this book. I can't sing its praises enough.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

bibbly wrote: »

I can't sing its praises enough.

I have to agree with you 100%. The Allen Carr book I read was the easy-way to quit smoking. Makes it so much easier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

JackieO wrote: »
    I have to agree with you 100%. The Allen Carr book I read was the easy-way to quit smoking. Makes it so much easier.
    Well then if you read the a-carr book what are you doing with patches and gum... you know the drill ;;no nicotine. Just try and keep busy drink water and try oranges as they stop craving or the longing for a fag... the first three days are the worst and you'll still have a craving for 4-wks but then thats it...After that its all in your head
    BEST O LUCK.ps remember that you are a non-smoker now-- Thats it- Just keep laughing and working... Smoking will rob you of you ability to live a full and active life:cool:

Advertisement