Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To change or not to change

Options
  • 10-02-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi

My pal just got Digiweb Metro, she only needs basic broadband for the family.

Should she ditch digiweb and get one of them little o2 modems instead?

She just needs basic access in Drogheda near the Lourdes hospital

Any help or comments weclome.

Thanks

Barney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

IMO, an O2 usb modem is mobile internet, NOT BROADBAND, and shouldn't be compared to broadband. If there's another real broadband option available, go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

O2 is also €40 a month, Metro Lite is €20 isn't it. Wouldn't make sense, even from a financial point of view, to change, especially if Metro is working fine.

She may experience a whole world of problems with the 3G Internet too as the technology imposes some severe restrictions, not least of which would be contention and coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I can't comment or Damian.m will accuse me of being a Doberman.

But read the O2/Vodaphone/3 threads (all same 3G mobile system with variations).

Advertisement