Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ursula Halligan TV3

Options
  • 10-02-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm not generally a fan of Ursula Halligan but what a great put down interview she did this afternoon with Mary White the latest Fianna Fail candidate for the presidency.What an embarrassement Mary White is. How did she get the support to put herself forward?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I just watched it there - it was quite embaressing for White at times alright even though it was a very softly-softly interview by Halligan at the best of times.

In fact I'd refer to it as a bit of a disaster for White and not a good start to her Presidential campaign.

For one she was made to look like a complete bullshítter on the issue of the "hand signals" to her husband in the Senate, which she completely denied doing, was shown a video of her doing it and then said "Oh I didn't realise I did that - I was just trying to will him on and make sure he wasn't nervous."

She was then asked if she'd be refined and composed as a president and she proceeded to say she had great patience with the most impatient and disgruntled look on her face.

The killer line had to be when she said she did not care about money; allow me to paraphrase:

Halligan: So you don't care about money then?
    White: No, I'm not into money.
    Halligan: What kind of car do you drive?
    White: A Mercedes.
    Halligan: What year?
    White: 2006.
    Halligan: That's quite a plush car to be driving.
    White: Oh well that's for my safety as I was in quite a tricky accident 30 years ago.
    Halligan: And that's a safe car?
    White: Yes, I feel very safe in it and I make no apologies for that.

Quite frankly she seems to be on another planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Somebody has posted it up on Youtube and it's classic. You can actually seen Senators in front of her with their heads in their hands they are so embarrased. She has no chance of being nominated by FF nevermind President.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

Roanmore wrote: »
    She has no chance of being nominated by FF nevermind President.

I wouldn't bet on that. Look at who they have as party leader. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Radio Mad. wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on that. Look at who they have as party leader. ;)

Yeah true 3 successive general election victories, the most successful leader since dev wat a disgrace.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

You can see the complete interview here (the quality isn't great but you'll get the general idea). The woman is hopeless - she hasn't a prayer. Fair play to Ursula Halligan - she let her hang herself.

http://dansullivan.blogspot.com/2008/02/president-mary-white.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 schtat

I can't help but hear the theme music from 'murder she wrote' every time I see Ursula Halligan (aka Angela Lansbury) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

schtat wrote: »
    I can't help but hear the theme music from 'murder she wrote' every time I see Ursula Halligan (aka Angela Lansbury) lol
    And I can't help but see Mrs Bucket of 'Keeping Up Appearances' with her name dropping who she met and knows. LOL it is more like a comic clip how did it get on air?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 schtat

And I can't help but see Mrs Bucket of 'Keeping Up Appearances' with her name dropping who she met and knows. LOL it is more like a comic clip how did it get on air?

...and the hair - good lord - if it had a chin-strap she could legally ride a motorbike with that barnet for a helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Halligan annoys me to my very core. She seems incapable of conducting an intelligent interview, instead stuttering her way through some analysis with her customary name dropping. Give it up you ginger tosspiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Aidric wrote: »
    Halligan annoys me to my very core. She seems incapable of conducting an intelligent interview, instead stuttering her way through some analysis with her customary name dropping. Give it up you ginger tosspiece.

She's absolutely dreadful live as well. She seems to get one sentence without stuttering and then it just goes off the track. Why she hasn't practiced more I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Nobody really cares anyway who becomes Irish President. As long as it isn't Dana anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Aidric wrote: »

that's her all right...

Advertisement