Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Langtons

• 10-02-2008 6:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was in Kilkenny yesterday for a short visit, and had dinner in Langtons. Its a fantastic spot I have to say. Nicely done, very friendly staff and was nicely priced. The Belgian chocolate desert was to die for!

Kilkenny is a nice spot, even if the streets are narrow and congested. Sat Nav got me around the place, as I had a few calls to make. Is that Springcourt(sp?) Hotel any good, or even the Langtons Hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Sully wrote: »
    Was in Kilkenny yesterday for a short visit, and had dinner in Langtons. Its a fantastic spot I have to say. Nicely done, very friendly staff and was nicely priced. The Belgian chocolate desert was to die for!

Kilkenny is a nice spot, even if the streets are narrow and congested. Sat Nav got me around the place, as I had a few calls to make. Is that Springcourt(sp?) Hotel any good, or even the Langtons Hotel?

the food in langtons tends to be hit and miss. Have had some great meals there and some not so great. they do have comfy seats thou. I take it you were there mid afternoon and not for the late night stag/hen party invasion? As a nightclub the place is a hole.

The narrow streets are what give it its charm :D And honestly is there a town in this country thats not congested?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ztoical wrote: »
    the food in langtons tends to be hit and miss. Have had some great meals there and some not so great. they do have comfy seats thou. I take it you were there mid afternoon and not for the late night stag/hen party invasion? As a nightclub the place is a hole.

There was a hen party there when we were there. Quiet though, didnt bother us at all. Twas mid-afternoon, got the burger which was nice enough.
    The narrow streets are what give it its charm :D And honestly is there a town in this country thats not congested?

Yes. Tramore being one. Kilkenny is very narrow and congested in comparsment to other towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nice during the day, but Langtons nightclub is the worst nightclub Ive ever been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Archimedes wrote: »
    Nice during the day, but Langtons nightclub is the worst nightclub Ive ever been to.

Hayes in Thurles is worse but not by much
    Yes. Tramore being one. Kilkenny is very narrow and congested in comparsment to other towns.

can't really do anything about the narrow streets as it is a medieval town and theres alot of listed/protected buildings. I find carlow to not be much better, Thurles is an utter nightmare [they just put in a new roundabout thats causing untold havoc], Newbridge, Nass and Kildare just awful. Dublin is a totally different issue.

Haven't been to Tramore in years - are the amusments still there by the beach?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ztoical wrote: »
    can't really do anything about the narrow streets as it is a medieval town and theres alot of listed/protected buildings. I find carlow to not be much better, Thurles is an utter nightmare [they just put in a new roundabout thats causing untold havoc], Newbridge, Nass and Kildare just awful. Dublin is a totally different issue.

I know. Its what I love about KK. I wouldn't want it to change.
    Haven't been to Tramore in years - are the amusments still there by the beach?

Its a lot cleaner and tidier then it used to be, but yes. Not for long, there are plans in motion to move it down towards the dump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Its a lot cleaner and tidier then it used to be, but yes. Not for long, there are plans in motion to move it down towards the dump.
    The whole town?! That's a bit of an overkill surely?! :D

Can't say I've ever got a bad meal in Langtons, though like anywhere else some have been better than others ...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The whole town?! That's a bit of an overkill surely?! :D

Its like that episode of The Simpsons when they move all of Springfield 5 miles down the road because it becomes a dump, of course now it seems Tramore is going to do the opposite and move it to a dump :D

Langtons is a lovely spot but yeah the nightclub sucks and its painful as hell when there's hens on in it,

Advertisement